17. What Do You Think He Is For You?

**Chapter 17**

I slowly open my eyes as the sun starts shining in the room, I turn my head and realize that I'm still in Adam's arms, he's still sleeping. I love his smell, it's a kind of drug for me.

He's so cute, he looks like an angel. He's wearing a grey shirt and dark-blue sweatpants. He looks so relaxed, and I really think he is.. I mean, after the 'movie' of last night we totally collapsed.

"Morning beautiful" he whispers with his eyes still closed,

"Morning pretty face" I whisper back blowing a kiss.

We hear some noises from the frontal door, few seconds later a knock,

"Mr.Lambert? It's Mr.Harrison, are you home?" the principal asks,

"Oh shit" Adam says as he quickly stands up,

"Go in my room and don't you ever walk out, okay?" he says as I soon nod my head and start walking upstairs,

"Cover your nice butt, baby" he chuckles,

"Shut up and open the door" I laugh.

I reach Adam's room and sit down on the ground so I can hear what they will say downstairs.

"Beautiful house" Mr.Harrison says,

"Thank you, sir. Why are you here? We'll see in school in an hour"

"I know but I wanted to talk to you face to face in a private place, school is not so safe for what I'll tell you"

"Okay, so what's the problem?"

"Do you remember Kaylin? Evans?"

"Yeah" Adam says and I can imagine he's trying to hide his giggle, as I am.

"I noticed that you're pretty close lately"

"Uhm, yeah.. I mean, I care about all of my students, you know it" Adam replies,

"You won't like what I'm about to say"

My heart starts racing. What if somebody saw us together? What if Mr.Harrison knows about us? I don't want Adam to lose his job because of me, I'd rather leave the school instead of let him doing it.

What if he'll be in jail? I mean, he can't, right? I'm not a kid, I'm old enough.

"You probably know about Mr.Brown, do ya?" Mr.Harrison asks,

"Yeah" Adam replies pissed off,

"He was a really good friend of mine, I didn't want to fire him because of what he did to Kaylin, I didn't want him to lose his job. I've been sceptic and bad with her, like a lot, but I couldn't help it. Do you understand?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know you care about her and, honestly, I think you're the one who ever did that. I noticed that she's finally getting better now, after about a year and I think it's also because of you. You believed in her and gave her faith, that's what she needed"

"So you knew that she was right? That she's been ACTUALLY abused?"

"Yes"

"AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU DECIDE TO RUIN HER LIFE FOREVER? EVERYONE AT SCHOOL LAUGH AT HER AND KICK HER, AND ALL BECAUSE OF-"