Reflections

Reflections on α ρяσмιѕє fυℓfιℓℓє∂

........................................................

"When it gets down to it, no project is a one-man venture. There are always people who support oneself along the way in one respect or another. I have a few people I need to thank for directly or indirectly influencing this story. "

― Yukigo Inuoe (Yours truly).

........................................................

It all began on a whim. June, 2012, a bored high school student who was scrolling through the long list of slash on Wattpad when he came across one that piqued his curiousity - His New Toy. With nothing better to do, he decided to give the book a read. And WHAM! KA BOOM! BA BUM! came the torrent of inspiration that struck him, hard.

It has been one long, wild ride, I would have to say. From the beginning I wanted to put my own spin of a LGBT Romance. I came out with a few scenes and had some put down on papers, but going to the extent by which I did when I began writing this was unprecedented for me.

Why did I write this? I'm not entirely sure myself. One big thing that drove me to write this in the first place was the challenge presented in writing a LGBT-themed story. And then, as I have mentioned, I came across [Insert Name Here]'s story which prompted me to put my inspiration and ideas on paper, or rather, screen.

My motivation really sprang from a variety of sources, among the ones I can't yet name. I think part of my plan was to capture some of the great emotional moments that most romance stories, gay or straight, seemed to lack. I honestly cried when I was writing the last scene where Timmy came home to Jenna, with the song Fall Asleep by Jars Of Clay playing, because that scene and the final meeting was so emotional for me.

When I look back at this novel, one thing that strikes me the most is this simple fact: never, ever, even once, did I stop writing. I never gave up. I did, however, consider giving up, yes, but still, I preservered. From the first word to the very, very last, I wanted to do this thing, to finish it. I walked in with a dedicated heart, and I walked out feeling an unbelievable sense of accomplishment. At 11:00 AM on November 1st, when I typed in "The End", an incredible rush came over me at my accomplishment. I stood up, I raised my hands, and I laughed and then sobbed with grief, because I have finished months of joyous writing. Through thick and thin, through computer problems and internet providers, through different dramas, heartbreaks, studies, and career choices, this has been here. With me.

To me, α ρяσмιѕє fυℓfιℓℓє∂ is more than just a story. It is a goal, an accomplishment, a calling and a purpose, and, strangely enough, a friend, if you will. I came to know the story of α ρяσмιѕє fυℓfιℓℓє∂ intimately with each new chapter, and I bound myself tightly to the characters of Timmy, Dex, Haley, Jenna, Hope, Jon and Davies, and even feel some influence from them in my own life. α ρяσмιѕє fυℓfιℓℓє∂ is a part of my life, and I poured my heart and soul into it. A gift for my lovely friends and fans. A gift to all those who had stuck with me through my writing, who supported me through thick and thin, who gave all the love and encouragements to write on.

Everyone who had helped me along my path deserves incredible thanks. Without the reviews, this story never would have advanced to be what it is now. Without people letting me know that I was doing a good job, I would never have completed this. I speak from the heart when I say that hearing good comments on my work makes me feel good. All authors write for good reviews, whether they admit it or not. I am no exception, and I thrive off my reviews, rushing to my mailbox in the hours after I posted my last chapter to see who had reviewed and said what about what.