Miscarriage

We met October 2012 we laid together it was beautiful. You left ten days later it broke my heart but I knew we'd be together again. Long distance relationships are so hard but so worth it. You're the proof. Three weeks later I took a test and the little line turned pink. My heart skipped a beat. I sent you a text. You were in school. I didn't want to say what you already knew. You said you'd stay we'd work it out. But the doctors said no. Thanksgiving passed I thought we were ok...but then the pains started. So sharp they sent me to the floor I screamed and cried. I was home alone. I knew what was happening but I wasn't ready no I wasn't ready. I bled out for what seemed like forever but was really only a minute. I cried. A part of me had died. I flushed thinking it was over went to sit and call you but the pains started again. I gasped as the pain caught me by surprise. I sobbed crawling to the bathroom and sat watching the blood flow again. It couldn't be but it was...twins. Two precious souls. Lost. Gone. Forever. I called you sobbing crying out of control dying inside slowly. You told me it would be ok you loved me you weren't leaving me. We'd have another baby soon and it would be right. We'll meet them in heaven some day. But in the backyard their roses lay and die where you held me the night after they were conceived. I'll never forget them. They were a apart of you and me.