Christmas Invasion

Then...

A man with messy brown hair opened the door, looking at three in front of him. He looked somewhat familiar but Calla couldn't really place him "Here we are then, London. Earth. The Solar System. We did it. Jackie. Mickey. Blimey!" He looked at Calla in confusion. As soon as their eyes met something just... clicked inside of the older Tyler girl. She inhaled sharply, taking a step away from the man "Who are you?"

"Calla," she introduced herself, still a bit shocked about what she was feeling. Not only the new connection that she could now feel in the back of her head but also this box that was a bit of a mystery to her and she would love nothing more as to study it closer. After all, it went against almost everything she learned in university. Not that it made it any less real.

The strange man blinked a few times before he shook his head "No, no, no, no, hold on. Wait... I've got something to say. There was something I had to tell you, something important." He gripped Mickey's shoulder "What was it? No, hold on, hold on. Shush. Oh, I know. Merry Christmas!" With those words, the man collapsed.

Now...

"What happened?" Rose demanded, kneeling down next to the unconscious man "Is he alright?"

Mickey shrugged "I don't know, he just keeled over. But who is he? Where's the Doctor?"

"That's him," the younger Tyler girl muttered "Right in front of you. That's the Doctor."

Jackie frowned "What do you mean, that's the Doctor? Doctor Who?" Calla looked down at the man, a curious look on her face. Curiouser and curiouser. According to what she had been told the Doctor was an older man with short hair and big ears... This one was almost the exact opposite. He was certainly pretty in a way.

Rose and Mickey carried the Doctor up to the flat and put him in Jackie's bed. While they were busy, Calla decided to withdraw to the living room for a while, writing on her physics thesis. She was so close to finished that she didn't really want to stop. Actually, it was so close to completion that she put everything that happened into the back of her mind, concentrating on what was in front of her instead. Not that her sister wanted anyone near the Doctor at the moment... Rose had been glaring at Calla in frustration when she tried to check the alien's temperature, so she thought it would be better to stay out of the blonde's way for a while. Not that she minded... Something was wrong with the Doctor and she could understand that Rose needed to be there for him.

Funnily enough, she had decided to write a thesis in the Astrophysics sector about what it would mean to the human race to find out that there's life in space. To get some first-hand knowledge Calla had Mickey ask the Doctor some questions when he went to see Rose in Cardiff a while back. What she got from him was more than she could have hoped for. It gave her more than enough to write about and now Calla was sure she'd end up with approximately fifty pages, if not more. Just as she was about to immerse herself in writing, she felt another flash of... something in the back of her head. Calla snapped the laptop shut and got up abruptly.

"Are you alright, love?" Jackie questioned her daughter, having just entered the living room to make some more tea.

Calla nodded absentmindedly "Yeah... I'm fine. Do you mind if I go out for a bit? Just to walk around, you know? I feel like I need to get away from my thesis." A part of her actually felt bad for lying to her mother but she didn't even know how to explain it, how would her mother even believe her if she herself had no idea what was going on?

Jackie smiled at her oldest. The older woman knew how stressful university had been for Calla. After all, she was juggling with two degrees while other people couldn't even handle one "Make sure you're back for dinner, alright?"