CHAPTER TWELVE: Brothers II

NOTES: I just wanna say, writing Wattpad on a PC is amazing; the backache? Not so much. Here, have some big bro-lil bro bonding.

---

"COME ON! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!" -- accompanied by a pair of improvised cymbals

Izuku jolted up from his bed from the sudden noise of metal clapping and his brother's loud voice. He snapped his head left and right, looking for trouble but only found his older brother laughing his ass off.

"How I missed doing that." Tenko said as he wiped off the single tear in his eye.

"Not funny, Tenko." Izuku threw a pillow at his brother which the latter caught and hugged.

"Come on, let's go eat breakfast. I prepared your favorite." Tenko placed the pillow on the bed and helped Izuku out of his bed.

"What's with the funny hairdo?" Izuku was referring to the comb that was keeping Tenko's bangs out of his face.

"Are you really expecting me to wear hairwax all the time? Have you seen what it's done to my hair?" Tenko said while playing with his hair. Izuku laughed and got off his bed. It was then that he noticed the bandage around his brother's calf, it was even tinted red by blood.

"Hey, what happened to your leg?" Izuku asked.

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a work accident." Tenko brushed it off.

"Tenko, you need to be careful. You shouldn't push yourself too much. I mean, look at your fingers!" Izuku grabbed both of his brother's hands, the fingers individually wrapped by sterile cloth. "They've been under bandages since I've remembered."

Tenko took his hands back and smiled to relieve his younger brother, "It's fine."

But the smile didn't relieve Izuku. He didn't want to continue this talk because he knows what topic will follow so he simply walked with him to the dining room, all while making sure his older brother doesn't lose his balance or something.

For as long as Izuku could remember, Tenko had been Quirkless. Whenever their Dad would train Izuku, Tenko will just sit and watch. He would smile at the sight but Izuku found a different emotion behind that smile. During those years, he would sometimes find Tenko training by himself. Izuku knew that Tenko had to work twice as hard because he lacked something that 80% of society naturally has.

"Katsudon!" Tenko's voice snapped Izuku out of his train of thought. The former slid the bowl over to the latter, as well as a glass of milk, then sat down across the table. Izuku was confused.

"Milk? When have you ever served me milk?" Izuku asked.

"You used to like it!" Tenko chuckled.

"When I was a kid!"

"Yes, but you need to drink milk for your bones. Who knows when they might give after you keep using Quirks too strong for your body to handle at once? I thought we talked about using only two strengthening Quirks? You've been using too much and with no balancing reinforcement Quirks, you know you're not as strong as Dad yet." Tenko reasoned.

"I never told you that I've been using more strengthening Quirks than I should be."

"Call it a brother's intuition. Plus, I read the entries by Recovery Girl on your medical records. Her consequent treating of you have been healing the damage you've been inducing but we both know that it's only prolonging the inevitable. Do you wanna lose your limbs? You know the effects of 'Power Limb' when used multiple times at maximum." Tenko reminded his little brother.

"Okay. I'll be more careful at school."

Then Izuku realized something.

Izuku suddenly stoof up and pushed his chair back, "I'll still be going to UA, right?!"

Tenko looked at his brother with wide eyes, then he averted gazes.

"Tenko, you know UA is my dream school! Please don't take it away." Izuku begged as he went around the table and nearer his brother.

"I'm sorry, Izuku. I talked to Dad."

The tone of his brother's voice broke something in Izuku.

Tenko raised his hands in a whatever pose and said, "You win, he said you can stay." Izuku was dumbfounded.

Izuku smacked the back of Tenko's head, "Jerk! I thought you pulled me out!"

"Oh please, as if Dad will let that happen." Tenko rubbed the back of his head. "You've been bothering the two of us about it since you were six, as if we'd just take that away from you." Tenko rested his head on his hand.

"But if you ever end up getting hurt because those heroes couldn't do squat, I'm pulling you out, regardless of your or Dad's wishes." Tenko's tone was serious. His brother's words left Izuku quiet.

"Now, eat your katsudon and drink your milk! On second thought, have my milk as well." Tenko handed his glass to Izuku. The latter simply chuckled.

---

NOTES: Yes, another short one! Don't worry, next one will definitely be longer.

edit from the future: you people really need to have your minds cleaned