You Can Try

~~~~ YOU GUYS CAN GO AHEAD AND MAKE ME FEEL LIKE ABSOLUTE SHIT FOR NOT UPDATING FOR SUCH A LONG TIME!! GO AHEAD!! I DON'T HAVE ANY EXCUSES BESIDES THE FACT THAT I JUST DIDN'T WANT TO AND I'M SORRY! AND YOU MAY MAKE ME FEEL EVEN WORSE ABOUT THE SHORT CHAPTER BUT I'M TRYING TO GET BACK INTO WRITING SO BARE WITH ME. PLEASE! ~~~~

Rolling over and opening my eyes seemed to be a hard task to manage. Rolling over was the easy part but opening my eyes in a room that feels like the sun is trapping me in its rays was difficult. I have never been this hung over before. I reached over to grab my remote to close my blinds but instead of touching my nightstand I touched more bed. Forgetting about the sun for a brief second I snapped open my eyes to see I was not at home. I sat up so quickly in the bed to only realize I was only wearing my underwear.

"WHAT THE FUCK!" I screamed and leaped out of the bed.

"Think Raina! THINK! What happened last night!" I began recalling the nights event while pacing but everything went blank after being dragged from the bar by the tanned muscle man.

"I hope that I didn't have sex with him again. God! I still don't even know his name!" I began to search the room when I found a walk-in closet that connected to a bathroom suite. I immediately went in search for clothes to cover me up. I found a black t-shirt that went to my mid-thigh and a pair of boxer briefs that seemed to be a bit small for his physique but they fit me so no complaints here. When I walked out of his closet he was standing in the middle of the room holding a plate of food and orange juice.

"Come Raina. I have food and Aspirin for you. I know you must have a hangover after last night." I stared at him as if he had spoke another language.

"Did you take it upon yourself to remove my clothes. Because I wasn't wearing anything when I woke up and where am I? You can't just kidnapped people for your own enjoyment. And while we're on the subject how the hell did you find me? I don't Know your name and I never told you mine." I stared him down as best as I could with him being well over a foot taller then my 5'0' frame. He was about 6'5" and pure hard muscle and as much as I wanted to hate it I couldn't. He was gorgeous and his ocean blue eyes was something I could gaze into all day with no problem. Don't let me mention his perfectly styled head of dark hair that seemed to give extra attention to his chiseled jaw line and perfect pink lips. I had snapped out of my thoughts to see him giving me a smirk.

"Chase. My name is Chase Huntley Dunham and I did not kidnap you but I did remove your clothes. You got vomit all over them." He walked closer to me and handed the food to me demanding I eat and take the medicine. He watched me until I decided to finally eat and even then he watched until every piece was gone from the plate. I had been thinking of what to say to him the entire time I was eating and now that I was done I was hoping to get some answers.

"Why am I here Chase? I mean I'm nothing special." I questioned him. I was really confused but then it hit me. Well atleast his last name hit me. "Oh God are you the new Co-Ceo of James and Dunham Enterprises? Shit! I slept with Christian Dunham's oldest son. Fuck!" I began to hyperventilate and have a panic attack all at the same time. I can't believe this. I slept with my new boss! "That's how you knew who I was. You read my profile.God how could I have not known. I mean I couldn't have your father had only made the announcement Friday but I've known for months. God I knew I shouldve googled you. Now look at the mess I've created for myself." I began pacing the floor and talking to myself like that could help anything.I turned towards him and prepared myself for the words that I knew could end badly if he was as hot tempered as his dad let on.

"Chase, whatever this is thats between us or happened between us is now over and done. I'll be leaving now and please don't contact me unless it's work related." I stred at him for a few seconds before I raced towards the door grabbing my jimmy choos and purse on the way out. I mad it all the way to the front door before I heard him call out to me from the top of the stairs.

"You can't just leave me like that Raina. You're mine now and the sooner you accept that the better this relationship will be." I couldn't believe this arrogant asshole had the nerve to stake a claim on me. I spun around so fast I almost lost my balance.

"Listen here pretty boy... I am no ones and I am most definitely NOT yours. I will never be yours and I will NEVER return those twisted feelings of yours. Now leave me the hell alone.!" I hissed out trying to stop the tears until I made it out the door. I quickly ran out the door and accepted the ride from the waiting driver. But before I climbed into the car I heard his distant shout.

"You can try and close off your heart from me but I'm going to pry open and break down every last one of your defenses !"

"Good Luck" I whispered before slamming the door shut of the town car. Once I was a safe distance away from his house I let all my defenses down and cried my eyes out in the back of the town car. I don't know why I'm so sad or why I'm crying but maybe it's because I made a promise to myself that I will never love again. But for some reason I want him to break through my defenses. I want a reason to love again and have faith in good and pure love.

Once I made it to my condo I thanked the driver and quickly made my way into the apartment. The first thing I did was remove his clothes and place them in my dresser where his dress shirt from our first encounter lay. I sighed but turned towards my bathroom to take a shower. I had spent another 45 minutes in the shower convincing myself that Chase was probably the exact same as Adrian.

If only my subconscious mind agreed. I fell straight to sleep once I layed in my bed after the shower and you could only imagine whom it was I dreamed about.