𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭.

HERMIONE AND DRACO could both say that over the few weeks they had spent together, they had begun to hide their manifesting feelings. But after talking to his mother, Draco remembered that he was raised to be assertive and honest, and he was going to do that today. He was going to tell Hermione how he felt.

On the other hand, Hermione had no plans of making advances with Draco. She believed that he saw her as an inferior, even after everything that had happened. But she understood.

Except she didn't. She didn't see her worth because it was buried under the battered skin that she wore. Every single thing that had happened to her had molded her, each action and word leaving its own dent or reparation. Hermione Granger was nowhere near perfect. She had done unlawful things for the right reasons, she was permanently traumatized from the war, and every day was a battle in itself, one that she could never win as she was her own opponent.

Draco Malfoy was equally flawed. He still wore a Dark Mark on his forearm, a symbol of his past that he couldn't ever part with. He had many crimes on his record and hated those bits of himself.

But neither of them should be judged for their past. Hermione was just another muggleborn witch who happened to be intelligent, perseverant, and courageous. Draco was just another pureblood wizard who was born into a family of Death Eaters, raised to believe that becoming one was his inevitable destiny.

They were so different that they were the same. They saw themselves in similar lights. They degraded themselves in their minds without noticing. And they thought the world of each other.

"Hey Hermione," Draco said as he closed the door and sat down across from her in the sitting room. "Can I ask you something?"

She placed her red and gold bookmark in her novel. "You just did ask me something. But yes, what's your actual question?"

"Well," he began, suddenly wondering if this was a good idea or not, "if someone who had done horrible, cruel things to you in the past told you they had feelings for you, what would you say?"

Hermione was not stupid or incompetent. "Then I would tell you that I've also felt something similar." Her reply was so blunt and honest that even Narcissa was shocked from the next room where she held one end of an Extendable Ear up to her face.

"Really?" asked Draco, who had stood up.

"Really," Hermione replied, standing up as well and wrapping her arms around his neck. Gingerly, she pressed her lips to his for just a second, as though she was still testing the waters of romance. "I think that with everything we've been through, we can figure this out."

Draco nodded, kissing her again. "I think you're right, Hermione. I really do want you to be."

And so, that night, recent and tender wounds received their stitches. Moving on was the most important part of the healing process, and now they had officially reached that step. In such a brief time they had found one another and gravitated towards that idea, that hope, and that was all they needed. It was so impossibly foolish that it was perfect. The journey would not be easy or straightforward, but to be by each other's side would lessen the burden. To love is to live, and to live is to love.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

a/n: okay i have no clue what this piece of crap was but hopefully it's an okay ending lmao

thank you for reading 💞💞💞

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐋, a dramione short story 🎉