Chapter 3

It took me forever to open my eyes. Not only was my head pounding but every time I cracked my eyes open, I was blinded by a bright light. For a long time I just laid there, wherever I was, and let my body adjust to being awake again. Finally when I decided that I wasn't going to puke or pass out again, I forced my eyes open.

I was in my room, in my bed, tucked safely under the covers.

Once the room stopped spinning I was able to push myself up and take in my surroundings. I was in fact laying in my bed. But how had I gotten here? The last thing I remembered was dancing with Toni at the club last night. Then everything got a little fuzzy. I think I met a man at the club and danced with him for a while. He had dark hair and enchanting dark eyes...why couldn't I remember his name?

An arm bumped into my hip and I looked down to see Toni passed out next to me. I smiled at her, then gently snuck out of my bed without disturbing her.

I padded down the hall to the bathroom and took two pain killers from the medicine cabinet to dull the immense headache that had grown behind my eyelids.

My house was strangely quiet. Usually by now my father was up and making phone calls to sponsors or co workers from his business. When I checked in his office I found that he wasn't even in there, he wasn't home. He must still be at his company, he's worked overnight before. He'd call me soon enough, he always did.

So I headed towards the kitchen and started a fresh pot of coffee. While I waited for that to finish, I placed two pop tarts into the toaster. Once both my coffee and my breakfast was done, I made my way into the living room so I could watch T.V while I ate. But there was a problem.

There were two men laying on my couches.

One of them was the dark haired boy that I hooked up with last night but I didn't recognize him, or the other boy for that matter. Had Toni taken the blond haired boy with her last night? And why had we taken them to my house, we both knew how my father felt about me bringing boys home to spend the night. We must have been extremely drunk last night if I thought it to be okay to bring these boys home.

But they had to leave before my dad got home or there would be hell to pay.

So I set down my coffee and pop tarts on a side table before slowly kneeling next to the dark haired boy. Up close I saw just how peaceful his face looked, his chiseled jaw wasn't clenched as I seemed to remember it being. His right arm dangled off the couch while his left arm was wrapped around his stomach, which gently pulled his shirt up and revealed that beautifully toned stomach. His hair was tousled rather roughly, but it only made him that much hotter.

Props to me for landing such an attractive guy.

As quietly as possible, I knelt down next to the boy as he slept. It actually felt somewhat wrong to wake him while he was in such a peaceful slumber, and if it weren't for my dad I probably would have just let him sleep until he woke up. If I was feeling this hungover, I could only imagine how shitty he felt.

I slowly reached my fingers out towards his shoulder. My plan was to just tap him gently, barely wake him up so I could explain why he had to leave when he was still half asleep. But that's not exactly how it went down.

Because as I reached my fingers towards him, his eyes snapped open and his hand jetted out to grip my wrist so tightly I though it might break. But I was lost in his eyes, spellbound by the depth of their dark abyss. His eyes darkened his entire face, yet hid some sort of vulnerability just out of reach. It was amazing how much his eyes told without him actually saying a word.

I felt my mouth hanging open as I openly gawked at him.

But after a moment his threw my hand away from him and grunted, "What do you want?"