Part 4

Sorry, busy week. But, here I am, and here is your first chapter with Hiro!

(Y/N) POV

It had been a week sense I last signed up with Hiro Hamada. Our lesson was to start at 1 o'clock. I woke up particularly early, So I spent a few hours watching the Saturday morning cartoons, and then spending the rest of my time reading over my math notes, trying to understand as much as possible so I don't look like a complete idiot. This kid was 15, and I was a little nervous looking stupid in front of a kid who is (younger than/ the same age as/ a little older than) me.

It was 12:30, and because I had to walk to SFIT Tutoring Center, I decided to leave. Lia wasn't home, so I had to lock up the house myself. It was a nice warm day, so I left my (L/C) jacket at home. Thank goodness, that would have looked horrible. 

Every step that I made forward, the more anxious I was becoming 

I'm gonna make a fool outta myself. He's gonna think I'm stupid. He's gonna judge me. I'm gonna studder. I'm gonna blush. He's never gonna want to help me.

My mind was racing with negative messages. It distracted me all the way there. I looked up, at there it was, the Tutoring Center for smart people. People in college, and furthermore, a technology college. Oh god, what was I getting myself into.

I slowly walked up to the steps and looked at my reflection in the glass doors. I wanted to see if my apperance would be sutable in for a college. It wasn't, but I couldn't go home and change. I swallowed hard, and swung open the door. 

I walked in, looking around the lobby. It was very sleek and modern, much like the rest of the school. I saw a few people waiting, reading over their notes. In one chair, I saw a boy, with black messy hair and wearing a blue SFIT sweatshirt. That must be him.

I crept over to him "Uh, are you Hiro? Hiro Hamada?"

The boy smiled "Yep, that's me. You must be (Y/N)" he asked

"Yes" I said

"Nice to meet you." He said, holding out his hand. I shook his hand, and instantly put it back to my side when I realized how clammy it was.

"Come this way" he said, gesturing me to follow him. 

We went down a hallway with multiple doors. I was nervous as ever. I knew I shouldn't be, I was doing this to improve, to learn. But I couldn't help feeling so small in this building. 

We arrived to a smaller room. Hiro flipped on the light switch and opened up the blinds. I set my notes on the table, and took a seat in my chair. There was nothing really special about the room, other than a backpack on the floor next to a red box-ish looking thing,but other than that, nothing filled up the room other than a counter and a sink and the table i set my stuff on.

Hiro sat down next to me "Alright, well, to start off, could I see the notes you brought?" He asked, pointing at my math journal.

I reluctantly slid my notes over to him. When he opened it, his eyes widened. I started to blush.

"Oh uh, I have a question." he said "Do you understand the notes you read?"

"Not.. not exactly." I sighed. This was already starting off horribly.

"Well that's your first problem. If you want to do well in something, you have to make sure you take clear notes you understand. But that's an easy fix, you shouldn't have to worry." He reassured me.

"So what is it that you are struggling with?" Hiro asked.

"Almost about everything. I just am having a hard time understanding the material." I told him, looking down at the notes.