Chapter 1

The cold air of Skyrim bit at the Khajiit as she awakened slowly. Her fur covering her body made her slightly warmer than her companions in the carriage but she was still quite cold. The Argonian beside her huffed as she sat their looking at the Nord. She was trying to break her binds that were tied around her hands. The woman tried gnawing at her binds pitifully as she was able to rip pitifully at some of the cloth. Beside that woman sat a Dark Elf who continued to shiver as she almost froze where she was sitting occasionally falling asleep onto the Nord who would proceed to elbow her in the gut to get her to wake up. On the other side of the Nord was a Wood Elf who was shivering out of her seat leaning over to the Nord every so often and would quickly move back to where she had previously been sitting. The Khajiit continued to look at the group that she was sitting with as her whiskers twitched every so often as she caught the scent of a dog.

The Nord continued to pull on her bindings as the Argonian laughed at her attempts, “You really shouldn’t try doing that Nord. They will only put you into an iron bind if you do manage to break free,” The Argonian hissed at the Nord as she looked over to the darkly coloured Argonian in disdain.

“I would at least have the dignity of fighting with my hand than to die on someone’s chopping block,” The Nord spat back at the Argonian as her feathers on her head rose in intimidation and flared out. They started to glare at one another as the Khajiit watched the situation with broken interest.

“Well I would help you but we all know Nord’s only care about themselves,” The Argonian said as the Nord rose to only be whipped back to sitting by a guard wearing red in the front of the carriage.

“Keep it down back there,” He said as he turned to sit back next to his companion who was directing the horses to a nearby town.

“Looks like we’re on our way to Helgen. If my eyes don’t betray me that is Ulfric Stormcloak in the next carriage,” The Nord said as she looked at the carriage before them which carried four people in blue armour.

“Wait Ulfric Stormcloak? Then that means, oh gods no,” The Wood Elf said as she started to get a bit scared and started to fidget as she turned a different shade of green.

“You believe in the gods in a time like this? Only the Hist and Sithis will help you now,” The Argonian said as she leaned back in the carriage not fazed by the cold all too much.

“Now we agree on something there lizard,” The Nord said as the Argonian smiled lightly.

“You worship Sithis? With all that you Nord’s preach about the Nine Divines I would have you picked as a milk drinker,” The Argonian said as the Nord laughed lightly.

“I am a Companion, not Nord. We worship freely and as we please and at our pleasure. I have chosen many, most on my list are not a divine,” She said as she flicked some of her dark hair out of her face.

“Well then Companion I am Dark Brotherhood. Why are you on this little death march anyway?” The Argonian lizard asked as the Dark Elf became interested and the Wood Elf looked as if she was about to throw up as she leaned over the side slightly.

“Wrong place, wrong time. I was on a job to get rid of some bandits and got caught in the crossfire. How about you why are you here?” The Nord asked the Argonian as she laughed at the question.

“I was on my way to a job to get rid of this man called Narfy when they caught me halfway in the act. He’s dead now but I still got caught,” The Argonian ended her sentence with a deep chuckle as the Khajiit looked at the gates that were coming closer towards them as the carriage continued to move.

“Where are we going?” The Khajiit asked as both the Nord and the Argonian looked over to her.

“Nothing to worry about little kitty cat, you’ll be fine. They found you near the fight didn’t they?” The Argonian asked as the Khajiit’s ears perked up as she looked at the girl near her.

“Yeah they just picked me up. I was looking for wildflowers when they found me and they grabbed me and I ended up here,” The Khajiit said as she started to watch some butterfly’s go past on the ground.

“Why would they grab you of all mer?” The Dark Elf asked as the Khajiit looked over with a confused look on her feline face.

“Me?” She asked confused to the Dark Elf.

“Who else would be mer here? The Wood Elf is here for worshipping Talos, the Argonian is here for killing a man, and the Nord is here for being in the wrong place. All I want to know is why they would grab you, a defenceless little kitty cat?” The Dark Elf said as the Wood Elf looked up.

“I’ll have you know that Talos is the ninth divine and will continue to be one up until the gates of Oblivion open once again and devour all of Tamriel,” The Wood Elf said as the rest of the inhabitants of the carriage looked at her strangely before the Nord and Argonian looked to one another before they both rolled their eyes.

“What are they going to do with us when we get there?” The Khajiit asked as the others looked sombre.

“Everyone’s last thought’s should be of home. Man or mer,” The Nord said as she looked to the others with sadness brushing over her face.

“I come from Riften; I was waiting for help on a job when I got caught trying to steal a horse in order to cross the border,” The Dark Elf said as the Nord looked her in the eye.

“Out of all of us the Khajiit and yourself would be the most likely to survive,” The Argonian said as the Nord looked over.

“If anything the Thalmor and Imperials will kill all of us just to get rid of us and for the sake of being bias,” The Nord said as she looked down to the floor of the carriage.

“Imperial scumbags,” The Wood Elf said as they appeared at the gates of Helgen to see some men talking while sitting on horses. 

The five could see their execution drawing closer.