Chapter 6

They walked out of the town with Kesh still following Polaris as she continued to dangle the butterfly just out of reach. As they crossed the bridge Polaris threw the stick and the butterfly into the water.

"No butterfly! You evil woman! I'll save you!" Kesh said jumping into the water forgetting that she couldn't swim, "Help! Help! I can't swim!" Kesh yelled as she thrashed around in the water.

"Just stand up," Polaris said as Kesh stopped thrashing around and stood up smiling sheepishly as she walked out of the water to where the others were waiting at the bank for her. When Kesh got to shore they continued on to Whiterun.

It took the half an hour and Kesh 20 minutes to reach the base of the mountain due to the fact that after Kesh had complained for the umpteenth time about her fur being wet and she being cold Shadow March may or may not have tripped her down the hill where she sat in a daze until the others came and made her stand up. As they walked past the brewery Polaris stopped and looked towards one of the fields in the distance. As usual Kesh was chasing butterflies.

"Move slowly and stick to the road. I'll meet you at the gate in a minute," Polaris pulling out two throwing knives and holding them defensively in their hands. As they moved closely Polaris walked towards another field where upon closer inspection they saw a giant fighting three other people. As Polaris moved closer they saw she started throwing knives towards the throat of the giant and towards the head. A man that was fighting the giant held a greatsword and was hacking away at the giant's legs and torso as he couldn't reach any higher. A woman with red hair stood back and was firing arrows at the giant landing hits that were getting the head and the body. There was another Nord's who fought the giant with two swords hacking away at his legs. After watching for just a few minutes the giant fell to the ground in a crumpled heap.

They moved over to their ally as Polaris and the others moved to a fork in the road coming out of the field. The four all laughed and the man with the greatsword and the woman with the bow and arrows surrounded Polaris as she talked to the two of them, cleaning the blades of her throwing knives and the girl was cleaning the arrow tips and putting them back into her quiver.

"So these are the whelps you have come across?" The man with the greatsword said as Locket, Shadow March, Jondeir and Kesh came over.

"Yes. Their names are Kesh, the Kajhit, Locket, the dark elf, Shadow March, the Argonian and Jondeir the wood elf. You lot these are my shield siblings," Polaris said motioning towards everyone individually. Locket and Shadow March nodded towards them as Jondeir looked as though she would faint and Kesh...... Have I said how special she is?

"Greetings! Polaris has said nothing but good things about your group. Vilkas and Kodlak will be grateful that you have brought her back to Whiterun in one piece," The man said as he petted Polaris' hair affectionately. She shook his hand off her head when he was done petting her.

"No problem. She brought us here though," Shadow March said as he looked over to the man and the woman. Kesh meanwhile... well let's just say a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do. In other words she was over by the carriage batting the horse's tail as it flicked it around.

"You are just being modest. Our little pup doesn't know here left from her right," The man said as Polaris casually held a blade to his throat.

"Do I really need to go over this with you again Farkas?" Polaris asked as the man snickered at her. Shadow Mark and Locket looked unimpressed while Jondeir looked in awe. Kesh... let's not go into her life away from the others.

"While my shield siblings bicker my name is Aela, that is Ria and Farkas over there is the one arguing with Polaris," Aela said motioning towards the two who were still fighting.

"Are they courting? Or is this just them normally?" Jondeir asked as both Farkas and Polaris stopped fighting and looked away from one another.

"Nope, nope, nope I can't handle this for another minute! I'm going back to Jorrvaskr," Polaris said throwing up her hands in defeat and walking towards the walled city in anger.

"Hey Polaris I have a new friend!" Kesh said as she continued to try and bat at the tail of the horse which was becoming visibly annoyed at her continuous antics. Kesh stayed oblivious to the situation with her and the horse and Polaris' raging mood.

"Not right now cat. I have to go and find someone," Polaris said as she continued to stomp up to the gate with a dangerous glint in her eyes, the others following a bit of a distance behind her as she continued to fume.

Kesh shrugged her shoulders as she continued to bat the horse's tail. The others walked up and stood next to the carriage as they waited for their cat friend to stop. The others waited and talked between one another until they were stopped as Kesh started to yell in pain. She moved onto all fours and started to hiss and scratch at the horse. Apparently the horse had had enough and didn't care that the cat would hiss at her.

"Hey! What are you doing with my horse?" The carriage driver yelled from over near the stables as he came back angrily. Shadow March and Locket walked back over to the cat and proceeded to drag her away. Kesh continued to hiss like the cat that she though that she was.

Aela gave the man a small money bag, "I am sorry for this. Let the Companions compensate you for their troubles," She said as the man looked inside the bag and moved back to his carriage.

"No harm done," The carriage driver said as he went back to sit on the front of his carriage.