Chapter 1

ROSE POV

The sky over head was bleak, and seemed to make the moon gleam even brighter; maybe my eyes deceived me but it seemed like dark shapes danced across moon.

Below my feet I was almost sure the dead were in an endless pain; for the loud piercing screams were definitely not inside my head- I was sure of it. In my uncertainty I turned my head as if I would be able to prove my sanity; in this moment I doubted myself for what I see is most certainly not the visions of someone sane.

A large terrifying beast was strolling back and forth in front of me. Fear ran through me with an urgency as the monster turned towards me with a sinister look. It leaped through the air to knock me to the ground. A deep growl rumbled through the creature as it bared its teeth and...

Opening my eyes, I look around, nervous from my nightmare. This is the seventh time I have had it. I close my eyes ready for sleep to take over me, but suddenly crashes sound from downstairs. And I'm not stupid enough to run down and find myself in danger, except I really want to know what's happening.

I get up and open my bedroom door just enough to look out. That's when I see the thing that has been haunting my dreams for the past week. The creature with burning red eyes and claws that looks capable enough to rip me apart in one swipe. I see it sniff the air as if searching for something and that's when my nightmare starts to come true.

The beast snaps it's head towards me and I can't move. I'm too scared. Maybe it will think I'm dead if I'm still enough. I start thinking of what the monster is going to do when it leaps through the air and knocks the air out of me. While I'm trying to get air into my lungs the creature is on top of me and bares it's teeth.

I close my eyes knowing what is to come, trying not to let the tears escape. Right then an unmeasurable pain shot me and I screamed.

*

*

*

Hi people who just read this chapter. I know it was short but this is my first serious book on wattpad and I had this idea and I just wanted to get it down before I forgot it.

Hope you like it 😎