Dinner

To say dinner was an awkward one would only skim the top of it. It was pure hell. Adrian and his pack said they'd show in a few minutes to clean themselves up. After I followed Henry and Alan, I saw the little kids spreading out a large blanket across a field. It was next to the unused sports field. The women placed their foods on the blanket. People had already started to eat. Parents were yelling at their children to sit and eat while the kids all ran around playing a very disorganized game of tag. Tim ran towards me. He was no longer crying and screaming. He had a huge grin as he chased a little girl with flying pigtails. I allowed a small smile to appear on my face. 

     "ELLIE. YOU'RE IT!!"  A hand reached for me. I quickly ducked,but his hand brushed over my jeans I grinned widely at Tim who looked at me with a terrified gaze. 

      "I'm gonna get you!" I yelled at him. I chased after him and occasionally held my hand out trying to tag the other little kids. They laughed and screeched dodging my sloppy tags. I laughed allowing a stupid giddy feeling setlle in. Alan had joined in running away from me. Henry however sat on the sidelines watching my every movement. When I noticed him staring, I beckoned him to join the game. He looked away from me glaring. He got up and went into the sports shed. I sighed. I finally managed to tag Alan. As soon as my hand brushed his hand, he turned and glared at me.

        "ALAN'S IT!" I laughed as he began chasing me around the blanket careful not to hit anyone. He managed to grab a little girl named Lily. She began chasing the other little kids around. The parents sat around laughing as Lily chased after Alan and I.

         "I'm gonna get you!" 

          "Nu-uh!" Alan screamed running into me.

        "DON'T THINK SO" I screamed laughing as I ran. The bloodmoon pack had just arrived. I felt Adrian's eyes on me as soon as he saw me. At the moment I was running from lily looking over my shoulder. I ran into him. Sparks ran up and down my body. I was still laughing and trying to catch my breath. Lily stilled and she turned and set her gaze on someone else. 

          "Oh. I'm sorry Alpha."

         "We're mates. Call me Adrian." He said gruffly. 

       "Of course" I looked behind me. Helen was still standing closely to Marcus. He had brought some of the other women from his pack and a few families. His gaze swept over the landscape.

            "Please join us" Alan chimed in breathless. Lily was still chasing him. She looked at me. Her gaze narrowed down on me. My eyes widened. She chased after me. 

          "Uh..wait a minute" I ran as quickly away as possible. A few minutes later I had managed to wrestled the kids into sitting down and eating their food. The kids from the blood moon sat still and straight. They didn't speak. Many of them didn't do much. They kinda just sat there uptight. They're parents were the same. Hell they're entire pack was like that. 

        They grabbed some of the food and had idle chit-chat. Suddenly Henry came out of the sports shed. He gave me a mischievous smile. I gave him a questioning look. In his hand there was a soccer ball. My weakness. I felt my body respond immediately. My body tensed. My muscles that had finally relaxed tightened. I felt a smile creep onto my face. I felt someone's eyes on me. Adrian was looking at me strangely. I pointed him towards the soccer ball in Henry's hand. He looked at it. Then turned away from me. What is it with people being assholes today? First Henry then Adrian. You'd think he'd be nicer considering the fact that he was willing to fight a damn war over me. 

        I stood up. The kids looked at me. Most had finished their food. I beckoned for Tim to come to me. He ran giddily over to me.

          "Start a game of tag. And make the Bloodmoon kids play to. 'kay?" I asked him.