Moving to Memphis

Okay so hi.....
My name is Talia but everyone calls me T. I'm 16 I'll be 17 in August. My parents were married for a really long time untill recently. They got a divorce like two years ago. We used to live in South Central, LA but today is the day we are moving to Memphis, TN. I'm happy but also kinda sad. Im moving away from my friends and my old school. I really don't wanna go but my mom has a new and better job there so I guess I can be okay with that.
Mom: "Hey T are you all packed we have 30 minutes till we have to be at the airport.
Talia: Yea, I'm packed but why are we leaving so early our flight isn't untill 10 it's only 8.
Mom: Girl you know L.A.X is always packed and we have to go through TSA
Talia: Okay here I come.
We got to the airport and my mom was right. The lines at TSA were super long and the line to get our tickets was very long. We were in line I know at least and hour before we got to the desk. We checked our bags in and rushed to TSA.
We got through very smooth since we were prechecked. We waited at the gate for the plane. And then the lady at the desk started calling out groups to board the airplane.
Desk lady: anyone boarding with a baby or small child requiring a stroller or any people needing assistance down the jet way may board now. (20 minutes later) First class group A may board now.
My mom and I got up and everyone looked funny. I guess because I'm a black girl with a huge curly fro I guess.
We got on the plane and the ride was very smooth. We landed at 3 o'clock on the dot. We got off the plane and decided to get something to eat after we got out bags. I called an Uber while we ate. About 30 minutes later the Uber was outside. My mom had already bought a house so we were good. I gave the driver the address and we were on our way. We got to the house and it was huge. We got out the car and my mom walked to the door and unlocked it. I walked in and was amazed. I walked up the stairs and looked around a bit.
Mom: T your room is on the right! You start school Monday.
Talia: okay!
I was happy the house was so beautiful but I was not happy to have to start all the way over at a totally new school.
I have one more day to get my room settled for school...let's see how the day goes. Wish me luck with this.