:: Prologue :

Note (to those still confused):

1. Again, you don't have to read RWA to read this.

2. Also, this takes place two years after RWA.

3. Flo & Ace are no longer together. 

:: :: 

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option." 
― Mark Twain

:: Retrospect ::          

I should have known I'd lost him.

He hadn't communicated in so long.

Most certainly, I wasn't a clingy human. But during certain circumstances, I allowed myself to rely on people.

Days passed.

Months flew by and I attempted to contact him but he ignored all my texts and brief calls. I was shifting into a stage of anxiety.

After much too long, I finally gathered all my might to confront my boyfriend. With a thin coat slung on to keep my body temperature from plummeting, I took a bus to his main office.

I had opened his door with the key he'd entrusted to me a while before. I slowly pushed the door ajar, trying to be discrete. 

Immediately, his tall physique fell into my line of sight.

Facing his back, I noticed his entire body fall ridged. I assumed her heard my light shuffling.

"Hey," I whispered. My voice was scratchy.

The room was dimly lit and I could barely make out the items scattered across the floor. 

Slowly, he spun around and I stifled a gasp at his entirely nonchalant expression. He gazed at me with the measure of a stranger. His eyes almost seemed robotic. Formal. Like I was just another individual passing by.

His baritone voice rung out coldly, "Why are you here?"

"What do you mean?" I was pissed. I'm his girlfriend, for all universe sake, "Why are you ignoring me? What happened?"

"None of your fucking business." 

His words resounded through me, feeling more like I was drowning in the Antarctic.

"Why are you acting this way?" I pleaded, attempting to ignore my arising emotions.

"Isn't it fucking obvious? We're over."

My brain fell into blank patterns:

............

............

............

Reality was horrific.

When you fall for someone, you tend to grasp onto them. In that moment, my fingers were slipping.

Everything we had was disintegrating within minutes.

"I need you." Tears streamed down my cheeks. Just then, I realized how my life had grown around this man. The epiphany was too late. 

His jaw was set, "I don't fucking need you, I never did. I thought that was clear when I didn''t contact you."

"You could have told me in person!" I charged at him, grabbing his arm weakly, "You can't just pretend I don't exist and forget everything." 

Roughly, he tried to shake me off, "Just leave."

I was a shameful mess by then, "I deserve an explanation. You can't just - "

"You deserve nothing from me," He shoved me and I fell back, colliding with the floor with pathetic prevention. Hi face crinkled in momentary distress at my fall.

"Flo – "

The alarms broke through the fog clouding my brain. Fear sprang through my abdomen when I saw his hands near me. 

This wasn't the same human I'd known. 

When he tried to pull me up, I flung myself backwards. 

"Stay the fuck away from me!" I sobbed, rising up briskly, "I get it. You hate me."

            I left. Ran out, tripping several times over my numb feet.

            He didn't stop me.

           Horrifically, I thought he would.