Changing The Course

Ace was thrown against the wall, quickly falling to the ground instantly, some of the cuts reopening from last night. "Weak." He said kicking Ace in the stomach not evening recovering from the fall yet. But, she was use to it, use to the constant beatings from her Father, use to the yelling of her Mother every time Ace walks into the room.

Another blow came, Ace coughing up some blood, her vision becoming a little hazy. "Worthless." The cuts from last night showed through her favourite jacket and her Father noticed this. "Won't you look at that." Ace tried so hard not to look at the dark brown eyes that she hated so much. The Father of the thirteen year hold kneeled down smirking at his own child. Ace tried to scoot back but the dirty walls made her stay in her place.

Ace's Dad pulled up the sleeve where he found multiple cuts and burns that had began bleeding once again. "I heard of cutting but really, such an attention whore." Ace squeezed her eyes shut, not wanting to watch this anymore.

She felt her arm bringing to twist and pulled, whimpering at the extreme pain. "S-stop." Ace regretted even muttering out the word. The Father cocked an eyebrow. "You want me to stop. I think you just want more attention." Father began to use both of his hands and twisted the skin into different directions, Ace screaming at the pain that her Father was giving her. The Dad shook his head. "Stupid bitch, shut up!" Ace squeezed her eyes shut until, she didn't have to anymore. She slowly drifted into a comfortable rest.

Sleep was nice, you forget everything for a while.

But that's not what Kate was doing. She was outside Ace's house, hearing the scream from inside. She stood there for a while, she always remembered when Ace would never let her inside and never would let Kate meet her Father.

For something reason, Ace always wanted to be away from her own home, but never wanted to be there no later that nine. Kate raised her fist, knocking on the stained White doors. Mat first there was some mumbling she couldn't understand and then the door opened suddenly.

A pale man with tattoos here and there was staring down at Kate. "Um, hello." Kate started. "Are you Ace's dad?" Kate smiled up at the grown man. "Yes, are you here for a date or something." He asked. Kate giggled and shook her head. "No, I was wondering if she could come over my house. We have a huge math test on Monday and she has been struggling on how to convert a equation into a graph."

The dad of Ace but his bottom lip. "How about you come tomorrow." Kate was about to say something but the door meant with her face.

Maybe some things are to remain a mystery.

The morning was kind of tough for Ace. First she had to clean up the blood that was on the floor or else she wouldn't get dinner, even though she never got lunch or breakfast. Second, she had to take a shower but had to go in the forest to the waterfall since her mom didn't pay the water bill.

Third, she had to walk to school that was two miles away. And so, she walked. Ace was already an hour late but she needed to get there or else she would get an extra beating from he Father.

When she finally got there, it was the annual talent show, where the bitches of this stupid school show off there talents that they are so great at. Ace was marked late and was sat down in the front of the stage were people were performing at. Ally squirmed next to her, she knew she smelled a little bit off today since she didn't have time to wash her clothes yesterday.

After three first graders were done singing Let It Go from Frozen they giggled off the stage and the announcer talked into the microphone. Next she saw a boy with short brown hair come on, singing 3AM by Matchbox Twenty.

"She smells like the sewer." Ally whispered to Annabelle. "I can smell it from here." And soon the whole row was gossiping about Ace.

"She needs to slowly down on the Big Macs."