Don't Leave

Justin pov

                        It's been weeks and no sign of improvements, but she is alive.  The doctor said that there is still a possibility that she wont make it, but i'm sure she will. I know she will wake up. She wouldn't leave without saying goodbye. I've stayed here ever since she's been put in here. I can't eat, sleep, talk, heck I can barley move knowing there's a possibility that she will slip away from me. Once she wakes up I promise to make everything up to her. She been through hell and back, which she didn't deserve. I want to take away all the bed memories and fill them with happy ones. Not just with me but with Cameron, her family, and friends. I want to see her smile reach her eyes again. I want her to laugh no stop the way she used to when I tickled her. I want to see the love in her eyes when she watches Cameron. I want to kiss her and take all the pain away. 

                        I felt pressure on my hand. I looked up at Riley to see if it would happen again but nothing. Maybe I'm just imaging things from the lack of sleep and food. I put my head back down on the bed and sigh. When will she wake up? I felt another squeeze on my hand. I looked up at Riley again and nothing. This time I didn't put my head down. Instead I took this time to look over her features.

                              Her tan skin is paler than before. Her hair grew longer since the first time we met. Her lightish dark brown hair looked darker. Her cheeks still look kissable. Her dried lips were now her normal color and not blue, like they were in the ambulance. Her cute little nose was red, meaning she was cold. Her beautiful brown eyes were hiding behind her eyelids. She was breath-takingly beautiful. She looked so innocent and peaceful. 

 "J-Justin" I blinked a couple times to see if this was real and not just a dream. Her eyes were still close but she was mumbling words.

"I'm here"

"Justin. Don't go" She started squirming in the bed. "Don't leave. I need you. I love you" She whispered. She stopped squirming but tears started falling onto her cheeks.

I looked at the monitor and saw her heart rate went up. Oh no this isn't good. I quickly got up and found a doctor.

"My girlfriend in room 713. She started talking and squirming in her bed. Her eyes didn't open once and her heart rate is up." 

"I'll see what's going on" I followed the doctor but before I could walk inside a nurse stopped me.

"I'm sorry Sir, but you can not go in at this time"

"But-"

"You are more than welcome to stay at the waiting area" she said annoyed before closing the door.

I walked towards the waiting room and sat down on one of the red chairs. What was going on in her head? Does she think i'll leave her? Clearly she does. But I will never leave her even if she tells me to. I will protect her till my last day. 

"Justin?"

I looked up and saw Mike holding Cameron.

"Hey"

"What are you doing sitting here"

"Riley started talking in her sleep and her heart rate went up so they kicked me out"

"Is she going to be okay?" He said sitting down.

"I hope so. I  don't know what i will do if i lose her."

"me either, man"

"Riley Watson"

We both stood up and walk towards the doctor.

"She is alright. We see no problems. She is actually up right now. But don't overwhelm her . Oh and she might have memory loss."

"How big of an impact will that be?"

"We don't know yet. It can be a big one or a little one. But she might not have it at all."

"Thank you so much Doc." Mike said.

"My pleasure" 

We all walked back to Riley's room. Well walk is an understatement we ran to her room. I opened the door to see light brown eyes looking at mine in confusion.  I walked up to her and gave her a hug. When I realize she wasn't hugging back and let go.

"What's wrong?"

"Who are you?"

"What?!?!" 

"Well give you guys space" Mike said before leaving with Cameron.

She doesn't remember who I am. After all we went through she doesn't remember. My eyes started to sting as I looked back at her.

"You don't remember me?" I croaked.

"No"