Welcome...To Our Humble Abode

This is dedicated to Styles_Harry_ because she fanneded me and I like love her...so...erm...yea...we just, like, get along really well. Even though Iv never had a conversation with her. Great relationship.

My hands were damp with sweat, the joints trembling with nervousness. Never have I felt this kind of fear before. I gulped, my throat feeling tight and dry. Perspiration puddled at my brow, forcing me to resist the temptation to reach up and wipe it off with unsure fingers. I stared with wide eyes at the small, yellow house before me. The slightly cracked pavement presented a path to me, leading toward a garden scattered with wild flowers. Further on, the white door. Shadows of activity played across the curtained windows, the outlines of bodies performing everyday talks such as cleaning and cooking at a slightly more hurried pace.

There was no was stepping away from the safe confines of this taxi. Period.

"Violet," Harry groaned, taking my hand in his and pulling. I began to shake my head fiercely, not trusting my ability to speak. "Come on!"

Finally accepting my resistance, Harry huffed and dropped my hand. Then he made me want to kill him.

In one graceful-ish move, I was lifted out of the taxi and thrown over Harry's shoulder.

"Hooly! Harry PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled, beating his chest with my fists as grabbed my bags.

The taxi driver only chuckled before driving away. Damn him.

"Mmm....naah. I quite like you like this," he laughed. My body swayed as he took long strides towards the door.

And by 'like this' he meant: my ass hovering near his face, my face dangerously close to his crotch.

"You're leading me to my death!" I hissed.

Now we were only two steps away from the front door and I think I'm gonna throw up.

"You had a good life," he snickered, bending over to put me on my two feet. I rushed to get behind his back but he grabbed my wrist and held me in place by his side.

I groaned, watching his hand press the glowing yellow door bell.

Then the door opened.  

----------------- 

"HAARRRYY!!!" a pretty woman bellowed, jumping from the threshold to attack Harry with a million kisses all over his face.

What the-

"Hey lil' bro!" a younger girl yelled, appearing at the door. A huge smile decorated her face and my first thought was that she was extremely pretty and she looked a lot like Harry. Then she looked at me and the smile dropped from her face, replaced with recognition and dislike. Suddenly...she didn't resemble Harry that much.

I crossed my arms over my chest as Santa Clause appeared beside the girl.

Well...it wasn't Santa Clause but his beer belly and jolly grin made him look like he could fit the part. After a minute, the small family was hugging and kissing and the mother was crying. And I was standing there...awkwardly. I looked up at the grey, cloudy sky.

"Okay! Okay!" Harry laughed, disconnecting his cheek from his mother's persistent lips and stepping back. I looked back at Harry's glowing face. "I missed you guys to."

And then everyone's eyes turned to me. The step father looked shocked, wondering why a random girl was standing on his porch. The mother and sister had similar expressions of shock.

I felt a large, warm hand slip into mine and everyone's eyes zeroed in on Harry and I's interlocked hands.  

"Guy," Harry said, his smile huge and excited. "This is Violet. My girlfriend."

------------------