Good-Bye Hero

Hey so this is a PJO Fanfiction that I decided to make after reading so many I'm surprised I haven't read them all yet. It is also has percico so if you don't wanna read if they get together then don't. This story won't have any sex in it, sorry for those who read that but I don't exactly feel comfortable writing that, again sorry.
I also do not own any thing from PJO or HoO but Rick Riordan does so all rights and characters go to him.
Thanks! Toodles.

*~————~*

He walked. He walked for days upon days through the forest and not looking back. He tried to forget but sometimes you just can't. He hoped that soon he would walk so far that he'd just forget why he was walking. He didn't have a destination to get to, but that didn't stop. Well until he saw a glowing light right in front of him.

He knew what this light was and quickly closed his eyes.

"I finally found you."

The boy slowly opened his eyes only to be met with the sight of a girl about 13 years old with auburn hair and silver eyes.

"Why hello, Lady Artemis. I had hoped I wouldn't see you for a while."

The girls eyebrows furrowed in confusion. She didn't understand why he was here. Only that he had run away from camp and no one has seen him since.

"Well, my father demand I search for you."

The boy laughed. But it wasn't a laugh of humor, more like a laugh as if he was expecting it.

"And why would he want you to search for me? To kill me? To tell me that I have been a terrible person and that I should have never came out of Tartarus? Well, if that's the case you can leave me be and let me live the rest of my days in the forest where no one will find me!"

The goddess was shocked and confused and barely knew what to say.

"Why would you say those things?"

"Well isn't it true? I wasn't supposed to be born! If I wasn't, everyone who died in the wars would still be here! I couldn't save them! So please just let me stay here and you guys will just forget I ever lived."

The girl with the silver eyes looked down. When she finally looked up she looked furious.

"Don't you ever say that again boy. You tried very hard to protect all of them and it isn't your fault that they are no longer with us. You may be a boy but you're the only decent male in the world. So don't say that it's your fault for their deaths."

The boy looked at Artemis in shock. The goddess normally would never say anything like that to anyone. But why is she saying it to me? I'm just a demigod. A man at that, and she hates males!

He looked down and asked one question.

"Why?"

The goddess's eyes softened and held out her hand. "Because you aren't that bad of a person. For a male anyway."

The boy took her hand and she flashed them away to Olympus.

As the boy opened his eyes he was met with the beauty of Olympus. He couldn't believe how much it changed. But he didn't want to remember. He especially didn't want to remember who had designed the new and improved Olympus. He took his focus away from the structure and instead focused on following Artemis, keeping his head down.

As they neared the throne room he started to worry why he was being sent here. What if she lied? What if this was just her way to get me to Olympus? If that's what she did, I'm definitely going to die. Zeus is going to throw the master bolt at me before I can even say 'Hera is a wacko goddess'.