Chapter 7

The moment we rolled up in her mansion's driveway, all the memories I've had here were all coming back to me. I never thought I'd be back here. Actually, I never thought I'd talk to Lucy again... Like at all.

The house was cleaner and more peaceful than the last time I was here, I could also see the house clearly since it's daytime. We got out of the car and went inside the beautiful house.

"May I ask again, why are we gonna babysit your pet?"

"It can be aggressive,"

My eyes went wide. "Is it a dog?"

She turned her head to face me, making her hair whip like it was in slow motion. "Maybe." She smirked.

My heart started pounding and it made me regret going here. The smirk on Lucy's face was definitely telling me something.  Was it a good thing or a bad thing? I feel like its a bad thing. But here I was, standing at her front door and there's no backing out.

We were greeted by a tall man in his forties, assuming that this was her dad. He has curly blonde hair, the lightest blue eyes that he shared with her daughter, even his smile was beautiful. You can see their resemblance. He opened his arms to give his daughter a quick hug. His eyes then landed on me.

"Dad, I want you to meet Amber," She introduced me, putting her hand on my back.

It gave me goosebumps, but I shrugged it off. "Hello, Mr. Halliwell," I smiled.

"Hello, Amber. Please call me Paul." He flashed me a smile as I nodded. "So how long have you two been dating?"

I shot him a 'what the fuck' look, and I realized how rude it may seem. "We're not dating. Just friends,"

"Bummer." Paul said.

"I know right?" Lucy grinned beside me while I nudged her with my elbow.

"Anyway, I need to get going. Your mom is about to get off from work and we'll be having a dinner date. Have fun ladies!" He planted a quick peck on Lucy's forehead while he messed my hair.

"He seems nice. Just wondering why you're not," I joked.

"Trust me, I'm the nicest you'll ever meet," She teased.

"Oh I bet," I snorted. "So, where's your pet that we'll be babysitting?"

"Lena!" She yelled as she stared upstairs of the house.

Soon then, footsteps were heard, stomping. As the sound came closer, the more I hid behind Lucy... It also made me hold her arms firmly. The sudden contact of her skin didn't bother me more than the footsteps did. I was more focused on what pet they had. A Retriever? German Shepard? Great Dane? A Tiger?

A figure came into view, grunting under her breath as she was walking down the stairs.

"A human." I simply said, mouth a bit opened.

"A pet,"

"You have a sister?"

"A pet. An ugly pet,"

"Funny how she describes herself, don't you think?" The teenage girl said, rolling her eyes as she smirked.

I chocked on my saliva as I tried to hold my laugh. Lucy shot Lena and I a glare, walking away from us both. "Is your sister always like that?"

Lena nodded. "Always. But I don't mind. I tell everyone that she's one of our maids,"

I chuckled, following her to the kitchen where Lucy was, preparing food for us all. She gave us our food and told Lena that we'll be in her room, which I kinda hesitated leaving her younger sister alone. Lucy told me that Lena's 15 and can handle herself. A memory of me appeared in my mind while walking through the same hallway when I was looking for an open room at her party.