Chapter 28

8 missed calls.

10 unread texts.

And it's been only 2 hours since I left the party.

I don't want to talk to anyone, I just want to be alone. I don't even want to bother talking to anyone, especially Matt. Right now, I just wish he left and went back to England.

9 missed calls.

10 unread texts.

It's still has been 2 hours since I left.

I didn't even want to stop and tell anyone about it. I just got up from the sand and walked out of the party without a single goodbye or a word. I didn't even talk to Brooke. It just hurt too much to even talk. All of the words I could've said were caught in my throat and stuck in my head.

10 missed calls.

1 voicemail.

11 unread texts.

This guy has got to stop. I grabbed my phone from my bed and turned it off. He's probably wondering where I was at his performance. He's probably mad at me for not supporting him and being there when he wanted me to. Ugh, he shouldn't have performed at Kelly's party. I wish she never had invited us. He probably started singing to her when he realized I wasn't in the crowd of people. I cried even harder at just the thought of Matt singing to Kelly. It hurt even more when I heard them kiss under the pier. I curled up at the end of my bed and buried my face in my knees; weeping hard. It seemed as if my boat had sunken; my white flag waving in the air for help and surrender. My eyes swelled and my lips trembled as tears kept streaming down my face and in my hair.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Jenn? Are you okay?" I heard my mom ask on the other side of the door. I buried my face in deeper.

"Please just leave me alone!" I choked over my cries. I heard my door start to slowly creak open and I peeked up to see my mom poking her head in my room. Immedaitley, I became tense and annoyed.

"Do you want to..." she started to say gently, but I cut her off.

"Just leave me alone," I whimpered. Wiping away my tears, I got up off the floor and grabbed my car keys from my bed stand. I walked past my mom who was still standing in the doorway. She grabbed my arm lightly, but I pulled away. "Please," I murmured and kept walking. I didn't bother to look back when I closed the door. I stepped outisde and the sun was barely touching the sky; hanging by a thread. There was a little light outside but to me, everything was black. It felt like I was suddenly living in a black hole and the only opening was the ocean.

I jumped in my truck and drove to my surfing spot. My second home.