MATE: LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT Chap. 10

BY: JAP

Author's Note: Hi everyone I just wanted to remind you that there is non-verbal communication. The symbol for these parts is ^ ^, **, and //.

Chapter Ten

Recap

He sucked my neck. Then I felt his canines scrape against the skin where my shoulder and neck met. I was really if he was. Right as he started to apply pressure the phone began to ring.

He reached for it. I grabbed his hand. "Babe let the phone pick it up. We are busy."

"I would, but after what happened tonight it may be important."

I knew he was right so I let go of his arm. He picked up the receiver.

"Hello. Yeah hey dad. What's up?"

He threw on some pants as he talked. He came around the bed and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

/Baby I am so sorry, but it's important. Get some rest, and I'll come join you once I get off the phone with dad./

He then walked out of the bedroom door closing it quietly behind him. It only took me a few minutes to drift into a peaceful slumber. He really wore me out.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Kara's POV

I must have been extremely tired because I didn't hear Michael come to bed. The next thing to know, my alarm clock is going off. I slammed my hand down on the clock.

As I looked around my bedroom I noticed that Michael was not lying beside me. I got out of bed, slipped on my robe and go downstairs. I searched the entire first floored but could not find Michael anywhere.

That's strange, I thought, but maybe he went for a run before we headed out for school.

I went back upstairs and took a long warm shower. I dressed in dark blue skinny jeans and a gray v - neck shirt with gray ankle boots and a black leather jacket. I brushed my tooth, flat ironed my hair and applied some mascara and lip gloss. I was ready to go. I looked around for Michael because I still had not seen him. He was not in the house. I called him through our connection.

^Michael, babe where are you?^

^You don't remember me coming in and waking you up to tell you I had to go to an emergency meeting with my dad.^

^I don't remember anything after you answered the phone.^

^Babe you were really out of it. Listen if my meeting with my dad ends in time, I'll see you at school. Otherwise, come to my parent's house as soon as school lets out.^

"Ok, babe. I love you.^

^Love you more.^

I didn't argue that fact because we would have ended up going back and forth about whom loves the other most.

I grabbed my cell phone, black Prada handbag, and my car keys and headed to school.

I was dreading school without Michael there with me. However it went really well. I got to hang out with Kar. It felt like we hadn't seen each other in ages. I also got to hang out with Calvin, Lewis and that whole group. It turns out that I have several classes with Calvin's mate Tiara and Joseph's mate Ashlon. I guess I never noticed because I was usually so wrapped up in Michael, I didn't bother to associate with anyone else.

"So are you going to Stacy's party on Saturday?" Tara asked me as we set in the cafeteria.

"Well actually there is supposed to be a pack meeting Saturday night."