Chapter 7

I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. I sat staring at the walls behind me not knowing what to do next. After a few minutes of complete silence,I stood up and started walking down the alley. I saw a large building that looked like an abandoned house. I knocked on the door just incase soomeone still lived inside it, which I highly doubted. There was no reply so I opened the creaking door and entered to see what things lay inside.

Everthing was covered in a fine layer of dirt, that I assumed must have gathered there over a long period of time; ten years, maybe more. In front of me there was a kitchen, where there sat a wooden table accompanied by two wooden stools. There was a window that was broken, and two washing machines that were still running. I was surprised that they were, because that meant that someone else must've been in here recently. I continued to the staircase and examined it
carefully. It was old and battered and in very poor condition. I was too curious so I decided to go up. Every step I took made a squeaking sound, and felt as if at any moment it would break. After what felt like an hour I finally reached the top of the stairs and walked into a single bedroom. There were two shelves that held a row of extremely creepy dolls. There was a large balcony window that was open, and through it blew a cool breeze. A bed lay next to the window. It had a purple duvet with a plain white blanket on top. This was the first thing in the house that wasn't filthy.

I started to realize how tired I was. I hadn't slept in more than fourteen hours. The bed looked so inviting that I decided that it wouldn't hurt to lie down for a little while. I didn't know it then but boy was I wrong. I lay down and closed my eyes, and tried to think of my mum instead of the horrifying experience of the hooded figures. As the thoughts faded I fell into a deep deep slumber.