The Head Cover-11

Please vote. Vote. Vote. PM me if you can write me a chapter. Please help me with this.. thank you:)

Chapter 11. The Thank You and The Sorry

The next Monday was indeed uneventful. It had been a week since I met Mr. Russell and I hadn’t heard anything more from him. I knew the silence was temporary, but I welcomed it. When the storm came, I was ready to face it. I had already told Anna, Alana and Hannah about the threat Mr. Russell had imposed on me and the three of them shook their head and crowed “That old brat has one hell of the game to face if he indeed do that!”

My friends were great and that was why I liked them. I knew they would fight for me, and that was what I needed most. Their support and their trust. I knew they would trust me over the words of hundred people and this kind of friendship was not easy to find. So I wasn’t going to give them up anytime soon.

Jake became my brother’s friend. He often visited my home and my mom would welcome him with open arms. I would often see him in my house, lounging in the game room with Yusuf, playing whatever boys played at their free times. At times, I would hear them debating about Islam and other religions so deeply, that they wouldn’t even notice me spying on them. The knowledge my brother had on other religion would often confound me. He was good in analyzing facts about Islam and comparing the religions based on the truth. I had heard them talking about Christianity and Islam and the similarities they had found between them.  Jake shared his thoughts about that too and I was stunned to silence when they bantered back and forth, with so much insight about what they were talking. It was real good.

“Oh trust me when I say I believe in Jesus (Peace be upon him). I follow his teachings, his words and his commandments. But I do believe him as a Prophet from The LORD, the mightiest prophet who was sent to mankind by the God, Allah. I don’t believe him as God himself. I trust that Jesus (pbuh) also never said that he’s the God.”  Yusuf had said. Leroy, my brother’s best friend, who was a Christian, stared at my brother with a small smile.

He was always up for challenge. He would take these things easily and that was what made him a better person. He would accept the fact if it was truth, but he would also defend his religion. My brother and Leroy would often fight about the religion, but that never spoilt their friendship.

I leaned against the door and heard the three guys talking or I could safely say spying.

“No, it was there in Bible, alright!” Leroy shook his head with a defiant frown.

“Do you pray to One God alone? Then saith Jesus unto him, “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve.” Matthew 4:10, Luke 4:8” So, who’s this God that Jesus (pbuh) referred to??? Why would he say worship the Lord, why not he said Worship ME! Who’s that God that Jesus (pbuh) prayed while he was crucified?” 

“It’s right. But the father was the son. You know, the holy trinity, right! It was what made Christianity.” Leroy said in a defensive tone.

“Yes, it was what made Christianity a little confusing. I didn’t know, all my life I am a Christian, but lately, I found it a little bit odd, considering, how father, son and the Holy Spirit can be one, at the same time, not!” Jake voiced out.