Shattered Glass

so this is my first story on here so be nice. hope u likes

It was midnight, the full moon stood directly above the small cloaked figure that ran silently through the small town of Pickering, other; larger; figures followed in pursuit of the the small figure, the glint of blades shone in the night as they moved under the light of the healing moon.

"slow down love!" a dark growl court the attention of the small figure, she flinched visably but didn't slow her pace; knowing that if she did it would literary mean the death of her.

"I did what I had to do!" She whispered as tears began to brim her large, chocolate brown eyes.

may the Gods forgive my soul she silently pleaded whilst trying to blink back the tears as she darted down another street at nearly inhuman speeds.

A cloaked figure appeared in front of her, acting upon training that had become like second nature to her, she pulled a small blade from her side. Her fathers dagger.

He stood no chance as she moved like the wind past him; without him even registering her movement; she slit his throat without slowing her pace at all. Her eyes flicked forward as new hope restored her, the forest at the edge of town was only another street away.

She forced herself to move faster as she felt the impending pressure of the cloaked people behind her, if she could make it to the forest she would be able to escape her followers with ease.

her heart leapt into her throat as her body passed the last house and flung into the trees. A grin adorned her face as she moved gracefully, dodging up turned roots and trees as they became thicker and thicker.

Soon enough, she lost the feeling if being followed and slowed her pace somewhat; mentally and physically exhausted from running for so long.

She happened to stumble upon a clearing that caused her to stop. Tears filled her eyes and she all but collapsed to the ground in fear. A dozen men stood before her, each hidden behind a cloak that was pulled well over their faces.

"Took you long enough" a narcissistic voice drawled, the man in the middle stepped forward and pulled his hood off. Bright red hair and peircing blue eyes greeted her.

"ah...I thought I had lost you" She whispered nonchalant, knowing that he would easily hear her words that were laced with apprehension.

"really? oh ye of such little faith" a sick grin crossed his lips as he glared darkly at her.

Mentally flinching, she took a step back only to have a pressure tell her that there were more standing behind her. Sweat covered her brow as she looked around, desperate for an escape.

"I never lost faith" She growled as she unconsciously began playing with a small charm that hung elegantly from a small silver chain that adorned her slender neck.

"I need you to come with me, that's an order" a deep growl accompanied the words that were laced with such loathing it actually caused pain in her temples to ignore the urge to submit before leader.

"I will not be ordered around by the likes of you" She shouted defiantly, anger gracing her form. she grimaced as her form began shaking uncontrollably, a familiar set of tingles followed soon after. She felt her pupils enlarge as she fought the urge to shift in such a delicate situation.

"Why are dogs all so arrogant? Get her"