finally.

"So, are you, or not?"

She shook her head. "I am... it's just... falling in love is so scary."

He took her hand in his. "Why? Love is beautiful."

"But it hurts so bad when it falls apart."

"Who said it's going to fall apart?"

"It could. You never know. I'm not easy to love. You might get tired of loving me."

"Ally, stop-"

"No!" she yelled, pulling away from his hand. "I've been through so much pain, okay? I don't know how much more I can handle. Do you know how rare it is for me to even have any kind of relationship with anyone? I opened myself up to you. That's scary enough. But loving you? Heck, I feel like I'm going to pass out when I think about it. I know I love you, but I don't know if I can do it right. I feel like I'm going to mess up."

"You won't mess up. You're amazing."

Once again she shook her head. "I'm not. I'm really not. You are. And I guess that's what scares me, you know? I don't want to, I don't know, hurt you, or something. I'm not enough for you and it kills me."

"But you are enough for me. If anything, I'm not enough for you. I don't know that I can take care of you like you need. But if I can, I sure as heck will."

A tear flowed down her cheek and she let out a shaky breath. "Kiss me."

"Wait, what?"

"Just do it... please."

He took a few steps towards her, his hand shaking as he brushed her hair behind her ear.

And then he kissed her.

Finally.

And everything was perfect.

Finally.