Chapter 5

A bunch of baboons made a large lump of rock their resting place. Whenever morning arrives, they would stay there till noon. They would only move if they needed to eat or shit. That lump of rock became their nest.

Other than the few climbing vines, the rock was clean. The baboons chose it as their nest due to how calming it was resting on top of it. They made it their rule to not dirty their resting place.

That afternoon was just another one of their naptimes, but when the sun was almost down, the slab of stone slowly cracked. It looked to be shedding the layers that it accumulated over the years. The baboons scrambled away from where they were. They fearfully watched their precious bed shatter to pieces.

The more time passed, the more the rock became shaped like a human. But for the animals, it was a weird creature. It was the same as them with four limbs, but standing upright.

The stone cracked, revealing the human underneath it.

ーHikari felt debris sliding down his body. After a while, his eyes was finally had the chance to blink. In front of him were a dozen of baboons staring at him weird.

The baboons shrieked as soon as they saw the shiny creature before them. Unlike them, the creature had no fur like them and had a weird looking color resting on top of its head. After doing so, they all scrambled about and ran while some hid on nearby trees.

Hikari was nonplussed at the scene he saw as soon as he woke up. He didn't expect to see animals shrieking at the sight of him as soon as he woke up. But though baffled, he quickly regained his calm, now noticing that he currently had no clothes on.

It was a good thing that he read some book that could help him in this predicament. Even from before he had remembered, he always read books . He read, and read, everything that he considered as important and interesting were all stuck in his mind.

Whether he did it consciously or not was a mystery, but it was helpful to know that he knows a thing or two on how to survive from having zero resources before he could make a plan to search for Senku.

From what he remembers, there wasn't much of a detailed map according to his memories. All he had to do was search and hope that he will arrive to where Senku was.

But first was clothes, but then he saw that it was almost dusk.

He also needed food, and fire to survive the day.

And so, Hikari made do with leaves and vines that aren't harmful to human skin. After that was searching for a river.

The rest, he would improvise.

Hikari had already decided that as soon as the sun rises tomorrow, he would start to search for Senku. Clothes from animal skin would come second, he would make it if he runs into an animal.

Senku didn't have any huge goal in particular other than their plan to stop Tsukasa's dictatorship-like ruling

Senku didn't have any huge goal in particular other than their plan to stop Tsukasa's dictatorship-like ruling. He had no problems with how people govern a group, but the fact that Tsukasa thought that humans didn't need science for advancing and evolving struck a nerve inside Senku.