Chapter Two- He's So Charming

A/N: Now presenting Chapter Two! Yay! I was so happy by the response I got from my last chapter that I just had to update. So thank you to my fans, and voters and commentators. Hope you enjoy this and let me know what you think! :)

***THE SUPER BEAUTIFUL COVER TO THE SIDE WAS MADE BY OCTZAJ13*** thanks so much! <33

Chapter Two- He’s So Charming

            I scoffed and slapped his hand instead of shaking it. “Yeah right, Vince Charming what do you think I am, eight?”

            I turned towards my mother and crossed my arms over my chest. “Can you believe him? Well, at least he didn’t say Prince Charming; I would have slapped him straight across the face.”

            My mom forced out a laugh. “Cin—Ella honey, his name is actually Vince. Vince Charming. The Charming family are very close with ours; in fact, Vince is here because of our business deal.”

            As realization dawned upon me, my face turned a dark shade of pink. I turned back to Vince, and looked up at him through my eyelashes. “Um, I’m s-so sorry about that little...confusion, Vince.”

            He nodded and muttered a quick, “It’s fine,” although I could tell it was far from that actually.

            My mother decided to change the topic, but the topic she changed it to, wasn’t any better in my opinion. “What happened to your hair and clothes, Vince?”

            My head snapped up, and automatically I locked my grey eyes with Vince’s. I could see his anger from before starting to rise up again.

            His voice was almost melodic as he spoke. “What can I say Mrs. Peters, I had a run in with a truly unfortunate individual. She fought me over quite a small issue in fact, and when I told her politely to pay for the damage she caused, she did something unquestionably immature; she ran away. Now I am a man with much respect, and of course I didn’t chase after her. I apologize though; I did not have enough time to change my clothing.” There was a smirk plastered upon Vince’s face as he finished. His eyes stared into mine, as if challenging me.

            I was furious; he completely changed the story and made himself sound like an angel. I swear if I was a cartoon character, I bet you could see the smoke coming out of my ears.

            My mother on the other hand, leaned little more toward the dramatic side. “Oh you poor, poor thing, personally I blame the parents. How could they raise their child to not have even an iota of manners? I feel ashamed that such people walk around freely in our town.”

            I rolled my eyes, but that did not go unnoticed by Vince. I decided to play a little fire with fire, and I was seriously hoping that Vince would be covered in gasoline. “Well mother, you remember how I told you about the man who ruined the flowers right?” I made sure to look Vince Charming in the eyes while I spoke.

            “Oh of course, I’m telling you Vince darling, this man was just plain crazy. I mean who fights over a bouquet of flowers? Poor Ella even lost her new shoe, but I have to say Ella, you must stop losing all these shoes, they are expensive you know.” My mother now turned her attention towards me, her blue eyes sparkling.

            I was just thinking of something snarky to say back when Holden clapped his hands. “Okay, well. How about we get started with dinner?” He motioned towards me and my mom. “Ladies?”

            And that was my queue, to make my way to the kitchen. I knew my mother wouldn’t follow me. In fact when my step-dad said, “Ladies?” he only meant me. This is the typical routine in this house anyways.