chapter 1

~Jessica ~
I wake up with a start, and realize I'm in the cottage. I hear another crash and it's coming from the dinning room. I get up and head towards the dinning room which is just outside my door. Expecting to see a raccoon I see Diego the dragon who followed us here to make sure no one was following us. Really Diego why can't u wait like all the other animals? Diego turns his head towards me. Because im bigger than them and plus by the time I get here there is almost nothing left to eat. He gives me that look of a hurt puppy. Fine just try not to break anymore dishes. Besides what are u eating? I ask, He looks at me with a guilty look. Oh no don't tell me u ate Andrews pie I made him Diego? He looks down and does not answer. Ugh just don't let Andrew find out. Find out what, says Andrew as he walks out of his room.Ummm nothing I say. Diego ate my pie didn't he? Andrew ask. He shakes his head I could hear y'all from my room y'all sound like a herd of fucking horses running. I'm sorry Andrew, I say I'll make u another one. I turn to Diego, and I'll make you your own pie so you can stop eating Andrews. Ok, say Diego just make sure it's the same as Andrews just add berries on top please. Fine, I say now I need to go feed the other animals. I walk back to my room and get dressed. I put on my light pink dress that Andrew got my for my birthday last month. I look at the mirror that's in my room and sigh. Three months I've been hiding, three months since the attack, and three months since my parents were killed. I feel a tear roll down my face and I quickly wipes it away, and walk back out. Andrew's sitting at the table drinking coffee and Diego is no where in sight. Andrew looks up and smiles, " I've always liked the color pink on you". I look down " thank you I mumble " I go to walk out to the garden, "Hey Jessica...umm nevermind be safe out there" and with that he walks off back to his room. I look at his door what was he going to tell me I wonder. I turn and walk out only looking once over my shoulder at his door before the front door shut cutting out my view, and stopping me from going back to ask him what he was going to say.