To My Friends

To My Friends.

I frequently questioned myself what life would be if I did not meet every one of you. My blur, chicken-hearted soul that could barely carry the weight of the time I have lived thus far. It definitely would not have survived if you did not come into my life. You have kept me going and strengthened. You told me about reality and helped me solve my problems. I am utterly grateful for what you have given me.

My friends are people that have become the individuals that I have relied on. I look forward to seeing them when we hang out, they are people whom I would consider family. Thank you for being my 'Si Opus Sit' [S.O.S]. Sorry for putting you through all that trouble. Thank you for always picking up my calls and answering my texts in the wee hours of the night. Although I know I should ask for permission before blurting out every word about how worried or anxious I am. Who knew I would find friends that would talk me through the process of calming down or try to prevent me from overthinking.
Thank you for sticking by me through my loneliest moments, especially at twelve midnight to four in the morning. You entertain my fantasies about Korean idols, imaginary characters. We would talk about how hungry we are and create recipes that never have been attempted. Thank you for always wanting to take pictures at random Instagram-worthy roads in town. You have been, and hopefully, always be my energiser.

To my friends, while I am just like you. A typical teenager that is just as lost and unsure about the world. While I am an individual that has the mentality that goes along the lines of "let's test the waters and go with the flow". I wanted to say something besides showing appreciation and apologising. You, friends, are my strength. You are the people that I confide in. The ones I would call to have a late-night talk with by the pool. The only family I would tell about my relationship issues. My friends, you are so much more than what you think you are.

A message to you. We would experience many times in life where our whole world feels like it is crashing down. When we are told that our decisions may not have been the best. Or when the journey to our destination feels too dreadful. We may be disconcerted, frustrated and fret over such things. And when the time comes, I want you to know that it is okay not to be okay. We were never born to be perfect, we have imperfections. When you are beating yourself up in silence, I hope you would remember that I will always be here. For every graduation that we attend, let us celebrate with the most congratulatory smiles.
For every wedding that we attend, let us reminisce about the times we spent. Sitting around those fancy ballroom tables covered with white silk cloth with spinning table tops surrounded by various classy dishes.
For every moment that has made us smile or laugh, let that bring you joyfulness when you tell those same memories to your children or grandchildren. My friends, you are my precious gems.