Chapter 1-Latrell pov

I ran as fast as I could I saw the demon it kept disappearing it was fast. I saw it out in the distance the demon was appearing as a girl, Or maybe it was a girl.
I woke up it was time for school. Summer had already passed and today was the first day back. The only person I have talked to over the summer was Unique and Jordyn. I only had three more years of school so I was just ready. I walked into my new classroom. I recognized a few people. I saw Maya and Jordyn I walked over to Jordyn. "Hey. Have you seen anyone else?" I asked him. He looked around. "Well I have seen Unique and Trent." He said turning to look back at me. "Hey you want some water I have a lot." He said giving me two water bottles. I took them and walked away.
The day was already over but Unique or Maya haven't said a word to me. I know they saw me but I don't understand why they ignored me. I saw Maya sitting outside on the steps I approached her she smiled at me but it soon disappeared. I sat down beside her. "I haven't seen you in a while." I told her. She nodded I gave her one of the water bottles Jordyn had gave me. "Jordyn gave me these... You can have some." I kept staring at the necklace on her neck it looked old. I drunk some water while Maya seemed to be studying it. She took a sip of the water but immediately started coughing it up. I looked up at her and patted her back. "are you okay?" I asked her I was going to Assume she choked but she was coughing to much for that. She nodded. "I have to go.." She told me rushing away she disappeared really fast. I saw Jordyn leaving with Unique. "Hey Unique." I called him out. He walked over to me. I told him about Maya and the water. "let me see it." He asked I gave it to him. He did the same thing as Maya and studied it. "It's probably just allergies.But where did you get these from?" He asked. "Jordyn bu-" I turned around and he disappeared. Weird. I walked back through the woods I never walked through there but I had to take a walk. I was walking through the woods when I stopped to see Jordyn. He was a few yards away but I knew it was him. I saw a flash go past him and he yelled. "Jordyn!" I called running to him. His shirt had been ripped. "Ah.. Latrell. Go home.." He said putting his hand up where his shirt ripped. I looked at it closer. "Dude it looks like a bear scratched you." I told him he looked up at me he didn't say anything. I heard a wolf howl. "Not a bear." He told me. He started looking around nervously I helped him stand up. I could see he was having a hard time walking but it was also hard to help him.

"Come on. We are almost at my house." I told Jordyn. I wanted to take him to the hospital but he said he didn't. I heard wolves howling I didn't know what direction they were in though. Wolves are never in these woods so I thought this was weird. I heard wolves running. I tried to go faster but Jordyn was limping. "Latrell go your gonna have to leave me." Jordyn said coughing I looked at him like he was a idiot. "What Jordyn?? That's not even a damn choice. Just come on." I had started to walk faster when I heard growling and snarling. I turned around to see two wolves. One white. One black. One was a female the other was a male. The black one started to get closer. I didn't know what I was suppose to do. It was going towards Jordyn the white one was just watching it didn't get closer. The wolf had gotten close to Jordyn I didn't say anything because I was scared. The wolves started talking or something to each other because they kept growling at each other Jordyn had something in his hand I couldn't see it. I saw him throw it at the white wolf. I heard it whimper. The black wolf stopped growling and ran over to the female. I saw this as a chance I had started running Jordyn was keeping up with me. I didn't stop until I reached my house.