Chapter 24: Nicolette

We make it to the party and it's so many people here. It looks like a club with all the lights, stage, and bar. There's even a DJ in a DJ stand or booth; I'm not sure what to call it. Who would think that Tabatha was this popular? I feel a little naked. I mean most of the girls are half-naked but I normally wear more clothes than this. I keep checking to make sure one of my beasts hasn't come out.

"This party is lit," Kristy shouts over the music.
"I just texted Phillip and he said he will be here in about fifteen minutes."

I nod at her words. I wonder if Logan is coming with him. I'm looking around I don't see anyone I know. I stop when I feel Kristy squeezing my arms.

She bends down and whispers yell in my ear. "Oh my gosh, do you see what Tabatha is wearing." Kristy makes a disgusted look. "The bitch is fucking naked."

I look around because I don't see her. Kristy grabs my face so I'm looking directly at Tabatha standing with two guys. One guy is heavyset and the other guy is tall dark with dreads.

Tabatha is wearing a sheer lace mini dress with a black thong. You can see straight through the dress. My mouth's drop opens as I gawk at her.

"Let's go speak," Kristy says pulling me behind her. I stumble a little in these damn heels.

As we get closer Tabatha's smile brightens at least she wants us to think that. I know it's a fake smile because it never reaches her eyes. She's alone too now.

"Hey," she says hugging Kristy and then me.

"Hey," both Kristy and I say in unison.

"Your cute - naked but cute, " Kristy says.

"Well when you got it you better flaunt it", Tabatha says laughing. "Nicolette I'm surprised Deshawn let you out in that." She's smirking but it looks more like a sneer.

"I wonder what's up with her. Why she keeps picking," I think to myself.

I shrug. "Deshawn didn't have a problem with it when we FaceTimed."

Deshawn FaceTimed me we were leaving. He liked the dressed and reminded me not to take any drinks from Tabatha or anybody else. Chris and he were getting ready to go to some club Lil Baby was going be at.

I catch her rolling her eyes as she waves the heavy set dude over. He reminds me of The Game just a tad bit lighter and about fifty pounds heavier.

We all watch as he makes his way over here. I look around the club really wanting to leave. I feel Tabatha is on some bs and that's making me uncomfortable and anxious.

"This is my cousin Chauncey. Chauncey this is Nicolette and Kristy." Tabatha introduces everyone.

"I've meet Nicolette." He's grinning at me as I look at him confused. I don't remember meeting him. "You were at the mall with Burb."

"Burb? I'm sorry I don't know anyone by that name," I reply.

"Burb is Deshawn," Tabatha smirks. "It's what everyone calls him from the east side because he's from the suburbs," Tabatha explains.

I look over at Kristy and she shrugs letting me know she has no clue what they are talking about.

I smile up at Chauncey as Tabatha walks over to the bar. "I didn't know people called him that," I tell him. I try to think back but I still can't remember him. "...I don't remember meeting you Deshawn nows so many people. But it is nice to meet you." I smile up at him.

"Deshawn and his secrets," I think.

"So where is Burb tonight. I didn't think he let his wife out without him." He's giving me a weird look that's making me uncomfortable.