Say Yes?

After calming himself and climbing awkwardly out of the cramped ferris wheel car, Eren seemed to have regained all of his excietement and his ususal hyperactiveness. Levi couldn't help but laugh as he watched his boyfriend, and his (hopefully) soon to be fiance, skip around once more, looking fascinatedly at all the lights and buldings surrounding them. He bounced with each step, grinning, his cheeks and the tip of his nose tinted with bright pink.

"Levi! What's next?" He asked, tugging lightly on Levi's arm, his face practically glowing in anticipation. "A ride, or a building, or-"

"I have something else in mind." Levi replied, taking Eren's hand once again and smiling nervously, shuddering in the cold autumn wind. He felt his heart rate speed up as his hand made contact with Eren's. It was happening, it was happening, it was happening, oh my god. He could barely beleive it.

"Oh? What is it?"

"You'll see. Just... follow me." He spoke gently, beginning to guide Eren towards the Navy Pier exit, his heart racing. Time seemed to pass slowly, each second stretching into long minutes.

He was about to seal a future with Eren, he was going to be by his side forever... He would finallly be happy.

It was finally happening, and he could hardly believe it. All he knew, was that he, Levi Rivaille, was hopelessly in love with Eren Jaeger.

~~~~~~~~~

After walking for a while, Eren begging Levi to tell where they were heading, they found themselves standing on the shorline, right in front of the same bench Levi had been sitting on last time he came here. Eren had finally shut up, and, instead of questioning Levi, he simply stared out at the sky, waititng for Levi to say something. He could sense Levi's nervousness, but just ignored it, waiting patiently for whatever was going to happen. 

Levi's heart pounded as he put his hand into his pocket, caressing the small, leathery box. He had no idea what he was going to say, but, well, he had to just go with it. He took deep, calming breaths, watching Eren, who stared out at the water, his eyes sparkling like they always did. It was so surreal, and he could hardly beleive that he had the privilege to be with such an amazing person. There was nothing more he could ever ask for. Cheesy as shit, sure, but he loved every inch, every little thing, every little fault and perfect imperfection about Eren. Those sparkling, green eyes, the ones he would wake up to every morning, that beautiful voice that he would be able to hear every day, his long,  scruffy, brown hair, his tan skin, his soft lips, and those thin, soft hands he would get to hold, forever... Everything. Everything about him was amazing.

They stood there, silent, holding hands, facing the water. The moon was glowing bright in the pitch black sky, and everything was completely still, other than the small waves crashing agains each other. Thoughts, terrified and happy ones, raced through Levi's mind.

Streetlights lit up the cement path, and small groups of people sat on the steps or walked along, enjoying the calm, peaceful, scenery. Overall, they were pretty much alone, although a group of about ten college students sat on the steps a few feet behind them, chatting quietly.

Taking one more deep breath, Levi began to speak, carefully planning out his words as he went along, his voice quiet and gentle.

"Eren..." He took Eren's other hand, and they turned to face one another, looking into each other's eyes. Eren was totally confused and had no idea what was about to take place, but he listened intently.

Gulping and shaking in nervousness, Levi continued. "Eren Jaeger, I met you only six months ago, by chance. And I... I had no idea what our chance encounter would turn into. Sure, we met in a strange way, and we didn't talk too much. But, soon enough... I fell in love with you. As cheesy as it may sound, you stole my heart. You, your beatiful eyes and your shy but cheery demeanor, everything about you is perfect to me. From the moment I met you, up until now, you have been the only thing on my mind. When you agreed to date me, I had never been happier. We may have only met six months ago, but they have been the gretaest six months of my life. Every second we've spent together was amazing, and I want to spend so much more time with you. And I've never loved someone as much as I love you. I could never imagine spending my life with someone other than you. You are my entire world, you can make me happy no matter what, you fill me with joy every time you so much as smile, you are my image of perfection. You changed my life forever." He paused, gulping again, not sure how well he was doing, due to the fact that he was improvising and saying this off the top of his head.Not the best plan, but he was doing it anyways.

 Eren was surprised, not quite sure what to think.

 Then, Levi continued. "I'm so sure that I love you more than anything, and that I want to spend forever at your side, and... and, if you feel the same..." He paused, releasing Eren's hand, and reaching into his pocket.

Eren watched, in shock, as he realized what was happening, tears welling up in his eyes. He covered his mouth with his hand, trying to hold back tears as he watched Levi.

Levi pulled out the box, biting his lip. Then, looking Eren straight in the eyes, grinning, he got down on one knee, taking a deep breath. A small crowd was watching now, everyone smiling, silently willing them onwards. Levi was so nervous, and so happy, and Eren was mentally freaking out, but it was a moment they would remember forever.  

He opened the box, revealing a simple silver ring, glowing in the moonlight.

"Eren Jaeger... will you marry me?" He exhaled, waiting, watching Eren, who was shaking and crying in joy. Those four words, Levi had been dying to say, and now he finally said them, and it was such a releif and a dream come true. A year ago, he never would've seen himself in a situation like this, ever, and now here he was, proposing to the man he loved. It was like some crazy miracle dream. He just hoped the answer would be yes.

"L-Levi..." He sniffed, wiping away his tears. He was absolutely shocked, and his heart was racing. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. Levi wanted to marry him? And... Oh my god! He could barely think, barely breathe. But he knew what his answer would be, and he knew he wouldn't regret it.

"Y-Yes." He replied, still crying and shaking, unable to beleive what had just happened. 

Levi exhaled again, releived, carefully removing the ring from the box, taking Eren's left hand, and sliding it onto his finger. Almost immediately, Eren dropped to the ground next to Levi, and they embraced eachother, Eren crying in happiness and Levi grinning uncontrollably, holding Eren tightly. The people around them cheered, clapped and whistled, watching them happily.

"Levi, I love you, I love you, I love you..." Eren repeated, breathing heavily, as they both knelt there, hugging as if their lives depended on it. 

"I love you too, Eren." Levi whispered.

And they meant it.

Author note- WOOOOOOO! CHAPTER 40 FOLKS!!!
Anyways, that was corny as hell...

Originally I was going to end this on a cliffhanger but then @iamcalifornia talked me out of it, so you can thank her for that. Also, I dedicate this chapter to her because I (jokingly) proposed to her when I met her in person at the mall, so yeah. (we got some interesting looks...) And also, we have been friends for almost exactly a year now, and its been an amazing year. We started talking occasionally online about anime, and after a long time, we finally met in person. Now we talk all the time and I hope we get to meet up again. Thank you, Oli, for introducing me to so many things and pretty much changing my life. ^-^ (Psssstttt, she has an amazing LeviHan fic and an amazing Yumikuri fic so you should check that out.)

Anwyays, I hope you guys enjoyed!

~Volume Struck