Chapter Thirty-Two

The next time I wake up it's my mom who is sitting in the chair watching me. "Hey" she checks her watch "good afternoon."

I don't move but say hi back to her. She's in the same clothes as before and and her eyes are still a little red. I'm still tired but I'm not going to pass out again. Hopefully I'm done with that.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine. I'm still tired." She nods her head as if already knowing that I will be. "What's the matter?" I ask as I hear the front door open and close. Then I hear Justin's light footsteps coming up the stairs.

Mom shakes her head and says "nothing" in a very faint voice. Her phone rings. "I have an emergency call." She looks at Justin, "Take care of her." then she says goodbye to me and hurries out the door.

I smile.

"What?" Justin comes in and sits in the chair right in front of me

She's probably going to go see Kent. Which is great! I don't want her to stay here to watch me forever. Justin needs to do that too. "Nothing. You don't have to stay and babysit me."

"It's okay"

I sit up and lean my back against the wall and rub my eyes. "I'm fine Justin."

"No Gina, your not. You had a 106 fever that wasn't going down until the doctor got here. That's a big deal!"

"If it was such a big deal why did mom just leave to go see Kent?!"

"Kent?" Justin asks in confusion. "she didn't go see Kent."

"She so just did!"

"No she didn't"

"And what makes you so sure about that?"

He sighs not wanting to say something. "Kent broke up with her." He sees my confused face. "He thought that you weren't riding because of him. He thought that if he backed away you would come back."

"He broke up with her because of me." I say quietly. I made my mom lose someone once again. "I'm going to kill him" I get up and start to walk out of my room. I'm startled by how wobbly I am. I wasn't going to fall down but it defiantly was no breeze to walk normally.

"Gina" Justin tries to stop me but I keep on walking basically falling down the stairs. Why can't I walk? I think. I feel like I'm one of those sloppy drunk people that wonder the streets at 1 in the morning. But I can see straight and know what's happening. I just can't walk. "Gina, it's not your fault."

"Not my fault?!" I spin around but over spin and stumble. Justin grabs a hold of me before I hit the ground. I push away. "He left her because of me! Everything is always my fault!"

"No, it's his fault." he tries to say calmly. "Don't let him make you think that."

I calm down a little then start to wobble to the chair at the island. "I have to do something about this." I say staring at the marble counter top. "I can't let this happen. I have to speed up my plan."

"You have to rest."

"I rested enough." I get up and stumble but regain my balance but lose it when I take another step.

"Come on" he picks me up with one smooth stroke. "you weren't even allowed out of bed."

"Phh, don't they know me by now?"

"That's why you can barley walk. I'm actually surprised you were able to get up. The doctor have you another shot of something yesterday night. From what he explained, you weren't even supposed to be able to sit up like you did."

"So the doctor didn't give me enough of whatever it was." I state.

"No" he answers "Your determined to do something when you think of it." He puts me back in my bed but I sit back up. After about five minutes he asks, "Your not going to go to sleep are you?"

"No, I'm tired of sleeping."

"Of course you are." He picks me up and walks me two flights of stairs down to the den and turns on the TV. "Are you hungry?" He asks. I shake my head and he sighs. "You haven't eaten in almost four days."

"Fine, I'll eat." I say only to make Justin happy. He smiles, covers me with a blanket and goes up stairs.

"What do you want?" He questions from the fridge.

"Surprise me with cereal." I answer not wanting Justin to go overboard on this whole food thing. So I just went simple and not a lot of effort.

He comes down with a small bowl of Cheerios and a mug that is sadly not my giant white mug, filled with hot chocolate. "Hot chocolate in May" I state.

"You always like it."

"True."

He helps me eat my Cheerios but I was full once I was finished with it.

He sits at the other end of the couch to get the remote to look for the movie channels.

The den couch is huge and shaped as the letter L. It seats four people on each side and could fit two people to sleep. I'm at the end on one side and he's at the other sides end. I get up and begin to wobble over to him. I stumble and almost fall and crack my head open on the coffee table. Luckily Justin is always there and catches me before I do. He chuckles and helps me over to where he was sitting.

We decided to watch The Hunger Games since it was just starting when he flipped to that channel. We are at the part when they are in the cave and Peeta is talking about the bread. I silently quote every line that he says. "Ah, I love Peeta!" I say once he's done with his lines.

"As much as you love me?" Justin's asks joking.

"Eh, probably a little more." I joke. But I snuggle up to Justin more and he pulls me in.

The backyard is already pitch black and I get a glimpse of the cable box that says that it's almost ten at night.

"I guess no barn tonight huh?" I ask semi-depressed.

He chuckles "No, not tonight or the next. But by the end if the week if you behave."

"Perfect, just in time to start my training!" I say with enthusiasm.

"Don't overwork yourself Gina."

"No, I want to get this over with. Plus there's a deadline that I have to be done by." Then I turn my attention back onto the movie and begin silently quoting the lines again.

I wake up in the same spot with Justin still next to me. But now his head is slightly tilted and his blue eyes are covered with his eye lids. I noticed that we must of fell a little when we both accidentally fell asleep because Justin now leans on the arm of the couch and I am fully leaning up against his left side.

It's 5 o'clock in the morning and I know that if I walk up to my bed I will never be able to fall asleep, that is if I would be able to walk up the stairs. I push myself upright and shut off the TV. The remote slips out of my hand and I try to catch it but I'm too slow and end up whacking Justin in the arm.

That's weird. He's usually such a lite sleeper that me moving would wake him up. But then I remember that this is probably the most sleep he's gotten in days and he probably waited for me to fall asleep last night. I don't even remember falling asleep at all.

I pull the blanket up more so that its covering both of us, not just me, and lean back onto his side. I minus well sleep off whatever annoying Dr. Swan gave to me. I have to ride Harry soon.

But first, I have to find Kent Clifton.