Chapter 8 - ICU

We were waiting outside the hospital room, and Fawad kept walking from one end too the other. He seemed so worried.

Ya Allah please let Bahaar be okay. 

Our worries grew worse with every minute that passed. The doctors had taken Bahaar into the ICU in the emergency department, and none of us were allowed in there. 

A few minutes later,  doctor walked out of the room and Fawad rushed towards him.

‘Doctor! Is my wife okay?’, he asked. I had never seen him this worried before.

I was just praying that he’d say yes she’s alright and will regain her consciousness in a few hours. 

The doctor seemed a bit uncomfortable. ‘I’m sorry but your wife is no in coma..’, he said lowering his gaze. 

Ya ALLAH what is even happening? 

‘Whaa—doctor? What are you saying?’, a tear rolled down Fawad’s cheek.

‘Mr. Fawad. Calm down, I need you to come with me, and explain what exactly happened to your wife before you got her here.’

The doctor walked into his room, and Fawad followed him, as he wiped his tear from hi face. 

‘All this is happening because of you! Why did you come back into our lives?’, Mama yelled at me. 

‘This is a hospital, not your house. Please lower your voice.’, I was equally shocked and upset about Bahaar being in coma.

‘Are you happy now? You have ruined my son’s life once again. I’m sure you’re content.!’, she got up and walked towards me.

‘PLEASE! Just because I’m quiet, doesn’t mean you can say whatever you want to say. You also know very well who ruined your son’s life back then and now.’

‘Mahira! Enough!’, Fawad said, as he walked out of the room.

‘Beta, I told you she’s not worth forgiving! Everytime she comes, she does something.’, Mama hugged Fawad, ‘What did the doctor say?’, she asked pretending like she was concerened.

Fawad loosened her hands from around him and walked towards the ICU door. He raised his hand and touched the glass through which he could see Bahaar.

‘Fawad what did the doctor say?’, I asked.

He didn’t reply. Tears rolled down his cheek again, and he wiped them with his other hand.

‘BHAI! Is everything okay?’, said someone, and that voice made my heart ache, ‘I went home, but the maid told us that you’re here!’, entered Waqaar. 

I froze as soon as I saw him. I hadn’t seen him in years. After what had happened between my and Fawad, Waqaar had moved to Mumbai, India. He wanted to be an actor since after his college, and had moved to Mumbai because he wanted to make it big in Bollywood.

‘Why are you in the hospit-‘, he stopped right when his eyes met mine. After what had happened 4 years ago, Waqaar had stopped talking to me completely. He thought I was qrong, and broken off all contact with me. 

‘Bhabh – I mean Mahir – umm… I mean - YOU?’, he was a surprised to see me here as I was, to see him. 

I chose to say quiet and quickly shifted my eyes to Fawad. 

‘Bhai? Why don’t you answer me? Why are you guys here? And who’s inside?’ 

Wait what? Why is he asking such a question? Wasn’t it quite obvious that if Bahaar wasn’t out here, it meant that she was inside? Or did he, just like me, not know that Fawad had re-married? 

‘Bahaar’s inside..’, said Mama.

‘Bahaar? Her cousin?’, asked Waqar pointing towards me, and Mama nodded. 

‘So? Why are we here? It’s her cousin..let her deal with it…or wait did she convince you guys that she’s all innocent and everything again?’, he said looking at me with anger.

Fawad was still standing by the door looking at Bahaar. This conversation seemed to have no affect on him. He wasn’t even surprised when Waqaar arrived.

‘It’s nothing like that –‘, even before Mama could complete, the doctor came out of the room and said, ‘Fawad, I need you to sign this form, so we can move your wife into the ICU in the regular section.’

‘WHOA! Wait, wait, wait!!’, said Waqaar surprised, ‘WIFE?’

Fawaad walked towards the doctor, and signed the form. The nurses then came and started the preparations to take Bahaar out of the emergency ICU and into the regular ICU.

‘CAN SOMEONE ANSWER ME?’, said Waqaar irritated, ‘What’s going on?

 ‘Bahaar is your brother’s second wife, and after she found out that Fawad was still married to me, she fainted, and necause of the shock she is now in coma.’ I explained. 

‘SECOND?’ Waqaar exclaimed, ‘When did that happen?’ 

Yup I was right. Waqaar didn’t know about Bahaar either.

*******Author's note*******

Hey guys. I know this is a short chapter, but its short for a reason. Something very exciting and shocking is about to happen in the next chapter. And that is the reason I had to make this one short. Also since the next chapter is going to be a long one, it's going to take a little extra time to edit and update. 

Until then, hope you guys are enjoying this story Mannat, and my other story Hai Koi Haqeeqat Tu. 

*****************************