A flower blooms

Callum~

I never relised that I said that to her... I really thought that she would say no, but when she said yes, it some what brought a smile to my face.

I've been out with many girls in the past, but I never really cared cause all they wanted was to get attention or want attention. I hated those kind of people. But for some reason, I think Pauline's different. Different from the girls I went out to go somewhere before.

I wanted to test her, test her if she's one of those people who want to get attention. But I might regret it later. I have noticed that I've been cautious lately, but I don't really want to end up like my other realtionship, that I had and still treasure now.

"Let's go then!" I grinned happily

"O-okay"

We started walking down the path to the festival, it was awfully quiet, but the fireworks continued to pop in the dark starry sky.

"Its lovely don't you think?"

I asked, but there was no reply. I looked towards her and there she was, staring at the fireworks like a little kid. I remember when I used to stare at the fireworks in awe when I was a little kid. It never fails to amaze me, even now, It never fails.

I felt like messing up her hair, just to break the silence between us. I thought that she would get angry for messing up her hair like any other girls would complain, cause they care so much about how they look, then enjoying being accompanied by someone.

But no. She stood still for a moment, then carried on walking and looking down. I could barely see her face because her long, silky hair was on the way. But when a firework lit up the sky, I could see her blushing and seems like she's about to cry.

I found myself looking away, blushing, but carried on ruffling her hair. We continued walking in silence again.

Pauline~

I was quite suprised that he was touching my head, but I didn't mind cause it felt some what dreamy yet warm and I felt all mushy inside. I've never felt like this before and I thought to myself that this would never come again, so I just looked down and tried to hide how happy I was.

"Thanks" I muttered

"No problem"

My hands started to get cold. Weird right? Its summer, yet it's cold at night. I started to blow my hands to get them warm, but then Callum grabbed one of my hands and put it in his pocket.

"Its alright like this, right?

He said that, but I was too embarrassed to say anything, I just nodded.

We were finally at the festival! I took my hand out of his pocket and ran towards the food stands.

"They look so yummy!"

I started wondering off without realising that I had left Callum behind. I ran back down to the entrance and hoped that Callum would still be there, but he wasn't. I was really worried that if he went home, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Callum?! Where are you?" I looked desperately around, but he was no where to be found. So I headed home.

As soon as I was about to exit the festival, I heard a voice behind me.

"Pauline! Over here!"

I turned around thinking that it was Callum, but it wasn't. It was Rosie and her friends. I felt like my smile just went down the drain. But knowing that Callum already went home, I decided to join them.

"How come you were walking around here on your own?"

I wasn't really on my own, I was with Callum. But I couldn't really tell them that. How can I? This is the first time I've been in a festival with friends. I should be happy! But I just doesn't feel right without Callum. I lied.

"I just wanted to see what festivals here were like, since this is my first time being here."

"You could've told me! I would've invited you if you wanted to come along, but you didn't seem to like festivals." 

As she said that, I thought that I should really open up more to people. Rosie's such a kind person and I just did something really bad and now I feel guilty.

"Ahh, yeah, people do misunderstand me sometimes, but that's fine. Im used to it."

I felt like complaining, but it doesn't feel like the right time to complain since I should be enjoying myself in this festival. I started frowning again

"Oh well! Since your here, why won't we have a welcome party for being our friend?"

Every single one of Rosie's friends cheered and clapped, just for me. That made me feel overwhelmed that I have friends that are there for me.

 But as soon as we were about to go and have fun, a voice in the distance called out to me.

"Pauline! There you are!"

Huh? Deja vu?

"I've been looking for you everywhere! You do not know how worried I was."

Rosie and everyone looked shocked and I thought it was the end of the world if they found out that I lied to them. Rosie, especially, looked at me curiously. But I couldn't look at her straight in the face, I was waiting for the worst.

"Hey Callum! Rosie was just asking us where you were cause you two got seperated!"

I looked up at Rosie and my eyes got watery. She wiped my eyes, smiled and whispered to me,

"It's okay, tell me the details tomorrow okay?"

I nodded and thanked her with all my heart, but she turned me round and pushed me torwards Callum ,who was still confused, and he caught me. I told him not to worry and waved goodbye to Rosie.

"Im sorry for getting distracted by the food and all the games... I was worried that I had left you and when I couldn't find you, I thought you had left"

He didn't say another word. Yes, his angry, of course, he has to be. I was playing with my hands, hoping he'll reply to what I said. But he didn't, instead, he pulled me towards him and he hugged me. Hugged me so tight that I couldn't breathe properly.

"Don't do that to me again, okay?"

"Okay..."

I smiled, snuggled up to him and hugged him back.

"Lets enjoy the rest of the festival! Shall we?"

He offered his hand and I held onto it tightly. It feels like were a couple!

Wait. What was I thinking?! Were not even a couple, yet why was I thinking that? I just hoped for the best. 

We had so much fun in the festival and he bought me loads of food! Im such glutton for sweets. I can't help it, I just love sweets! I saved some of the souvenirs that I bought to give some to Roise and Molly when we get back to school. 

At the end of the festival, everyone had a ballon and wrote a wish on a piece of paper and stuck it on the ballon. I wrote...

"Hope that the feelings that I have now know, that I haven't experianced before, to be embedded in my heart forever. Also, to be with the person I love....."

We let the ballons fly in the air and hope that our wishes may come true.

Me and Callum said our goodbyes and set off our different ways. 

"God, its gonna be awkward tomorrow."

~~

Authors Note:

Hoped you liked this chapter! and Thanks to the people who have read the first chapter! Hope Callum and Pauline gets together soon :3

By the way, this is based on a true story ;D

Stay tuned!~ \^w^/