Chapter 2

What a glorious fight that had been. Illidan laid there, lost in his dreams, lost in the memories of the battle with the infamous titan Sargeras. He had been in a stalemate for years, until he discovered one crack, one exploit, in the demon's armor. But Sargeras would not go down without the most destructive battle known to the cosmos. Well, so everyone thought, for now, anyway. Illidan ripped into the dark titan with his glaives, tormenting him with his own fel magic. Sargeras returned the favor, singing the flesh from his bones in many places. Over and over did they heal, returning to the stalemate to battle once again, until Illidan finally ended it with a strike to the crack in his armor.

From there, everything was a blur. He was pretty sure he'd crashed down onto Azeroth. He did remember one face before he'd blacked out. Tyrande...Except, there was no adoration, there was no thanks. She had a scowl on her face, filled with disgust... he was pretty sure she walked off, leaving him there.

Why, then, was he in a shelter someplace. He'd woken up, disoriented, confused, but... safe. Theoretically. A roof overhead... a glass of water by his side... his wounds treated. Oh, and the chains. He was in chains. How lovely. He twitched an ear, shuffling a bit and trying to break free by straining against them. No mere chains could hold the master of the Illidari! Well, apparently they could, for he was in a very weakened state. He sighed, agitated, and gave a low growl.

Eyes gleamed at the entrance of the bedroom, of which belonged to none other than Maiev Shadowsong. The demon hunter scowled deeply. "Maiev Shadowsong. What a pleasure," he said with a very healthy amount of snark. The warden snorted in response to him, ignoring his statement entirely.

"The outcome. What was it? Your wounds. How do they feel?" she asked flatly, putting her hands on her hips. She didn't have her armor on currently, just some undergarments. She had no need of the armor at the moment, assuming Illidan was too weak to do a damn thing.

"Defeated, imprisoned, for now. My wounds are of no concern. My purpose has been fulfilled," he replied. After a pause, he asked carefully, "What of Tyrande? I thought more of her. Based off much of my beliefs on her being a pure representative of our people. How has she fared."

Always Tyrande with him. Maiev rolled her eyes and remained expressionless as she handed him the letter. Illidan read it over, his ears drooping just slightly. Truthfully, though... he didn't find himself surprised. "Perhaps it is finally time to move on," he said after a very long pause. He looked up, a glare upon Maiev. "You could have easily chained me here and let my wounds rot. Much less work for you. Why bother, Maiev, with hatred so deep?" His voice was, well... tired.

"...After the Legion front, I've reconsidered. I have both hatred and respect for you, Illidan." She sat on the bedside beside him, pondering things. "Perhaps I do not despise you as much as I once thought," she whispered, half to herself. Louder, she growled, "I still don't trust you. You will remain there in chains, demon hunter. Until I see fit that you can be released safely. Which likely will be never."

A chuckle escaped Illidan's lips. He shook his head, his grin flashing his sharp teeth. "We shall see, Maiev. I might have business to take care of elsewhere around Azeroth, and you will not be getting in my way." The demon hunter cracked his neck, his eyes gleaming.

Maiev scoffed, taken aback by this. She failed to comment, merely deciding to tend to his wounds once more and remaining dead silent. Illidan watched in amusement, before muttering, "You missed a spot, lower." Furious, Maiev rubbed harder, going down and caressing his abs with her cloth, admiring them without realizing it. She shook her head, gulping and blushing quite a bit.

"You do not need to point anything out to me, Betrayer. I'm going to go finish reading. Remain quiet and out of my way," Maiev ordered as she leaned away and whirled, marching out of the room. How laughable. Illidan smirked to himself, feeling himself grow stronger by the second. Maiev didn't realize just how fast he regained his power now. He'd be able to break free in just an hour. He'd bide his time... but what would he do when he got out, exactly? He pondered, having no plans right now. At this point, he was done bothering with Tyrande altogether. No point in drawing out his misery at all.

An evil grin crossed his face. Why not torment Maiev, like she had to him? A devious plan crossed his mind. Usually, he was obsessed with the Legion, and taking down demons. But... the Legion was gone. He'd just gone through some hell. At this point, he deserved some fun. And some fun is what he'd get. He rattled the chains, activating his demon eyes to peer beyond the wall and at Maiev. There was little activity from her--apparently she drifted off to sleep, since it was indeed a bit late. How cute that her guard was down around him. Likely due to him working with her to save the world, yes. But, well, he intended on scaring the fire right out of her eyes. Perhaps then she would stop that incessant need to constantly hunt and chase him about. Now, it was his turn. No, he wouldn't hurt her... more like, threaten, and promise. He had no intention of being stuck here for a long period of time.