Chapter 31

نہ کوئی دوست ہے نہ کوئی رقیب ہےتیرا شہر بھی کتنا عجیب ہےوہ جو عشق تھا، وہ جنون تھایہ جو ہجر ہے، یہ نصیب ہے

تیرا شہر بھی کتنا عجیب ہے
وہ جو عشق تھا، وہ جنون تھا
یہ جو ہجر ہے، یہ نصیب ہے.
Afaaf

I'd just say it in a spin of a minute.

You can do it Afaaf.

The wind whizzed past me softly and I dared to open my eyes with the words on the tip of my tongue.

" Zaryaab, I-"

But my words died down as my gaze focused on the figures standing not very far from my husband. I wished that they were a figment of my imagination but they weren't. And cold shivers ran down my eyes seeing the scrutinizing gazes on me.

" Abba-" I choked out so softly that they barely would have heard me. Seeing my father stand besides Officer Saim and another man that I failed to recognize.

My heart trembled within my ribcage. Flickering my gaze to Zaryaab, I saw the man look at me. A look of ashen easily falling over his features. His body turning tense.

" Abba-" I whispered yet again seeing my father step forward and leap towards me.

His eyebrows furrowed together, and his lips dipped in a low bow. In indication that he was very angry and that I had disappointed him. Seeing him March towards me, I took a step back.

" Afaaf, we are going home!" He announced. Grasping my wrist in his tight grip.

Adrenaline rushed in my veins and I cried out.

Hearing the words from him, I felt as if I was caught red handed doing something that would bring disgrace to him.

" Abba, No!" I cried as he dragged me. Digging my feet in the ground, I protested. Holding my ground and not moving from! My place.

" I said, we are leaving this instant." The older man roared and tears blurred my vision as I shook my head.

" No, Abba."

" No, no." I resisted yet again, trying to pry his grip off me.

" Afaaf!" I stilled when the man shouted.

And it felt like a slap to my reality. This was Afaaf. Weak and disrespected. This is what I had grown up with. This was my reality.

" You had enough fun with this boy, it's time you return back home." My father sneered and I shuddered.

I casted a glance at Zaryaab, pleading him. Looking him glance at me with a pained expression. His hair all disheveled. And his pal s balled into clenched fists.

" Abba, he's my husband." I cried out when my father dragged me.

" I won't go. He's my husband."