Part Five

Petra's POV

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. People here call me 'The Warden,' so I'll take that," the bald guy says. Like it'll help anything, I mutter under my breath. Then, I saw Stella walk in. "If it isn't my rival's friend, Petra, darling," she says.

"Yeah, and it's my friend's un-rival, Stella," I repeated, annoyed. She shook my anger off and continued, "I'll take them down into the Mush-Room. With our new associate, of course."

The Warden nodded, and said, "Take them to the Mush-Room!" The golems standing nearby grabbed Jack and me. "Ugh, I hate this so much," I groaned, as the golems, led by Stella, walked toward the Mush-Room. Why is it even called a Mush-Room anyways? I guess I'll find out in a matter of seconds.

---

The golems and Stella finally stopped walking. The golems holding both me and Jack dropped us onto the ground. Hard. "Hey, what was that for-" I started, but Stella put her hand over my mouth. She shook her head, saying, "Uh-uh! No more of that kind of talk!" I glare at her, and go back to Jack. Nurm was already down here, so they had reunited once more. I was happy for them, but also wishing that Jesse was down here too. Maybe she's around here!, I thought as I wandered the room.

The room was basically a pit and a sideline bordering around it. The pit was a natural spawning ground for mushrooms, both red-spotted ones and ordinary brown ones. People were standing near the pit, probably to pick the little mushrooms spawning. I watched some people jump into the pit and scrounge for them. They also kept yelling, "MUSHROOM!"

Nurm groaned, and I kinda could tell why. Everyone who was trying to grab the mushrooms were fighting for them, with the loss of food and hunger. I would've joined them, but one of the other associates came up to me. He also wore the black suit with tints of purple, showing me that he was a "helper" in this place. "Hey, new associate, over here!"

I followed him to a corner of the room and said, "Who are you? What do you want?"

He replied, "My name's Anthony. I work here at the Sunshine Institute. I believe you're Petra, our new associate, aren't you?"

I nodded, my auburn-colored hair bobbing. "So why'd you call me here?" I asked.

"Associates are supposed to welcome the newer ones. There aren't many here because the Warden chooses his workers carefully."

"Why did he choose me, though? I've only been here for about an hour!" I shot back. "Is it because the Admin chose me to work for him instead?"

"Ah, that is true," he says, nodding, "the Warden has to take the Admin's requests and make you an associate. But it's not all that bad, you know. At least we don't have to dive into that pit just for some mushrooms."

Just then, the alarms rang. Inmates were screaming and running back to their cells in the room. "Prisoner X has escaped! Prisoner X has escaped!" said one of the associates. "You should probably get into one of them," Anthony suggested, "you haven't had your training yet with Prisoner X."

I walked to the cell with Jack and Nurm and the other associates closed the door. The alarms continued to ring as we watched the red glow outside.

Part Five finally done! Will continue to Part Six when I get the time to! Thanks for reading!