Prologue: Bad Romance

"Caught in a bad romance

"Caught in a bad romance."

.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.

"Kei!" A ravenette called, reaching out and grabbing the sleeve of his shirt. The blond shook her off, refusing to look her in the eye.

Kohari stepped back, looking at the blond with disbelief and pain reflecting through her lavender irises.  Her lips down turned at his irrational behaviour.  They'd been together for almost a year and now he was brushing her off as though she was a stranger.

"What the hell, Kei?" She said, distancing her herself from him as she looked at him with disbelief.

Kohari had decided to visit the boys' volleyball practice with Nekoma High, one; to say hi to the Tokyo boys, and two; to make up with her and Tsukishima's month-long fight.

Maybe an ongoing fight of that long was too much, but as much as the girl tried to patch it up, the blond would push her away.

But what had the boy so riled up? The day before the fight started, Karasuno (plus Kohari) was visiting Nekoma High for a practice match. Haiba Lev, one of the players, had taken a liking to her without knowing she had a boyfriend... however, when he found out she was taken, it only made him more persistent—and it angered Tsukishima.

Although it wasn't her fault, the boy was still immature and incapable of having a significant other—something the pair never said aloud, in hope that he would mature throughout the relationship.

And because he didn't want to admit he was wrong, he would accuse her of things she hadn't done and would do little things that made her stay up at night.

"If you're going to keep doing this," Kohari said, refusing to let the tears beginning to brim her eyes, fall. "—Let's just... end it."

Her lips trembled, her voice breaking when she finished her sentence. Tsukishima's eyes widened, realization dawning upon him. He was aware his actions toward her weren't what he meant them to be—knowing that, he wasn't sure how to express himself and knew nothing but to defend himself.

And it was sure to hurt her.

"What—what are you trying to say? Breakup? Kohari," He scoffed, turning to face her. "What makes you think you can break up with me? I've been dealing with your bullshit for forever—and now, when it's hard for you, you just give up?"

He shook his head her, pushing back his thick-rimmed glasses. It angered Kohari, the actions he did that belittled her. However, although having said unnecessary things, it was his way of saying "please don't break up with me."