Chapter 4 "Must Be Hell" (Edited)

Rhel

"Rhel...Rhel!" A sudden voice rang through my head, causing me to jump on my seat, bringing me back to reality. When I looked up, I saw my best friend, Amber, who was now sitting beside me, holding her glass of orange juice, a confused look was written on her face.

"You seemed like you're in a bad mood today, something happened?she asked putting down the glass on the table.

I sighed in disappointment and eyed her defeatedly.

"Oh Amber, you're not gonna believe who I met earlier."

"Who?" she asked with excitement, raising her left eyebrow. Just as I thought. Whenever I told something that would excite her, her blue eyes would spark in amusement and whatever she was doing, important or just trivial things, she would leave it behind and listen to me attentively.

Clearing my throat, I opened my mouth. "I met an idiot on the way here,"I said with an angry tone. A crease appeared between her eyebrows after she heard what I just said. She scooted closer, lessening the gap between us and flipped her hair to the back of her shoulder.

"So?...Come on Rhel, of course idiots are everywhere," she said nonchalantly and sipped from her juice with a "duh" expression on her face. She was right, idiots were everywhere but I didn't think no one could surpass the idiocy of that guy I met earlier. 

"He's not just an ordinary idiot. I met Luke Lacela, you know, the famous playboy." She choked then started coughing. My hand immediately flew to her back, rubbing it to stop the cough. If I would have known she would choke on what I said, I would have laid it slowly.

"Oh I'm so sorry," I said worriedly. Finally she stopped coughing and looked at me with teary eyes and I couldn't help but burst into a laughter.

"Oh no, are you crying my baby?" I said like a mother who was cooing her baby. Immediately, she flashed her annoyed face which caused me to laugh harder.

"Shut up!" she hissed, shoving a pillow to my face. It took me a few minutes to stop laughing and regained my composure, wiping the sides of my eyes.

"Seriously Rhel, you really saw Luke?" I nodded. "Wow, I bet he looks like a God in person. I wish I was there  with you."

Really?

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at how she could praise that guy. Yeah, I hadn't known the guy and I knew I was judging him based on the news about him but knowing he was a player, was enough for me to hate him. Although, he wasn't entirely at fault because women, even though they knew Luke was a player, they would still hook up with him and ended up getting attached.

"Okay Amber, I would pretend I didn't hear you said that."

She let out a defeated sigh, "Why do you hate him so much?"

I shrugged, "I just do," I simply said, grabbing her glass of juice. I never thought talking about him would get me so thirsty.

"So, did he flirt with you?" she questioned straightforwardly making me choke on the drink.

"What?"

"He's a playboy Rhel, obviously he would flirt with every girl he meets." She said as a matter of fact.

I shook my head, "No, and why would he flirt with me. Look at me, I'm not sexy."

"But you're oh so gorgeous."

"Whatever. And if he's gonna flirt with me, I would totally slice his face."

"Oh I think that's too brutal." 

"You know me, I can be brutal sometimes."

*

An hour later, I received a call from my sister, Megan, telling me to meet her at a nearby cafe. After a five-minute drive, I finally arrived at the destination, the Greene's cafe . Getting off the car, I  strutted  inside and found Megan sitting at the left corner, her back facing on me.

I walked towards her but before I could call her, she turned her head to look at me with a smile written in her face. She stood up and opened her arms to embrace me.

"Oh thank God you're here," she whispered with a worried tone.

I sat across her and began to speak, "So, why called me here? Is there a problem?"

"Actually....I...I have a date with Edward right now. I promised him that I will go but..." she trailed off.

I arched my brows, "But?"

"But I never thought that an unexpected meeting will come up today so I thought I can call you and you know....be my substitute."

My jaw slackened as eyes widened by the sudden statement.

"No...no freaking way Megan...I'm a photographer, not a businesswoman."

"Basically, you're kind of a businesswoman to me, but anyway,  you're the only I can trust to handle this deal."

"Maybe you can find a substitute in the office. I'm sure there's someone more capable than I am, more knowledgeable about this."

"But I want you to handle this. You're good in dealing with people and convincing them, in fact, I have no idea why you don't want to be in the company. That aside, this is an important meeting Rhel. I can't just simply trust this to anyone." She reached for my hand and placed hers on mine. "You're smart Rhel. You can easily find a way to do this. Please baby sister," she pleaded and here we go again, she was looking at me with her sweet, innocent puppy eyes which I couldn't refuse every time she asked me to do something for her.

I hesitated for a moment, thinking about the possible outcomes that could happen, but if I didn't help my sister right now, it might affect her relationship with Edward knowing she was too busy with the business that they rarely saw each other.

I let out a big sigh. "Fine...I will handle this." A wide smile appeared on her face. She suddenly stood up and hugged me.

"Oh you're the best little sister in the world...!" she claimed excitedly. She kissed me on the cheeks and bid goodbye.

*

I looked at my watch and saw it was already 5 pm. I had been waiting for fifteen minutes now for the investor to come. I texted Megan who was I meeting with but got no reply. She must had been enjoying her date right now.

Sighing, I stood up and headed towards the comfort room.

After few minutes of retouching myself, I exited the room and walked back to my table. I caught sight of my table and saw someone sitting on my seat, his back was facing at me. As I went near, my mouth dropped open and my eyes shot wide, seeing the figure face to face, the same man that I bumped into earlier, the same man that I was truly disgusted with.

"You again?" I blurted out causing some of the heads in the room to turn and look at me curiously. But I didn't mind them as I was too focused on the man who was looking at me with a smirk written in his face.

"You again..." he said in amusement.

What the hell! 

"I can't believe that you're the one whom I'll be meeting with. So you're Megan Forbes. Wow... this is unexpected. It's getting interesting, don't you think, Ms. Queen Bee? This must be fate!"

Fate? Oh come on. Does this guy believe in things like that? And for the record, he mistook me as my sister.

Asshole.

I sat down across him knowing that I couldn't run away from this guy. Just be calm Rhel. You can do this. He's a bastard.

Regaining my composure, I smiled at him, "Unfortunately, it's not fate Mr. Lacela and hearing you say that, it sounds lame, coming from you. And by the way, the name's not Megan Forbes, I'm her sister, Rhel Cassandra Forbes." I extended my hand forward, "It's nice meeting you, Mr. Luke Lacela."