Recon

Finn got to the room quickly. He walked in and saw us three sitting on the bed. Coming over he sat on the floor in front of it facing us.

  "What can I do for ya?"

  "Where does Ryland go at night?" Adley went straight to the point.

  Finns face screwed up in confusion. "What do you mean?"

  "You know where he goes when he comes home late." Sloan pushes.

  "I don't know. Usually he only came back later after being with a girl." My heart sank. My assumptions were correct then. "But I could have sworn he hasn't see anyone for a while."

  "Then where would he be going?" I ask quietly.

  "Honestly I don't know. We could always follow him." Finn suggests.

  I shook my head. "No I don't want to do that. He has every right to be out with girls. We shouldn't invade his privacy."

  "Yeah but you like him don't you? And him coming back late is hurting you right? Wouldn't you rather know than not know?" Finn looks up at me, raising his eyebrows.

  "Yes. But I don't feel it's right. Just because I like him, doesn't mean he feels the same. He's friendly enough to me sure, but when you look at it objectively it's not much different from how you treat me." I look back at him.

  "But didn't you guys have that totally romantic kiss at the hospital?" Sloan points out.

  "Yeah, at least that's how I saw it. He could have just gotten wrapped up in my emotions. It's not like he hasn't kissed me before and not felt anything." I lower my head sadly.

  "What do you want to do Dani?" Finn asks.

  "We'll do whatever we can to help." Adley states and Sloan nods.

  "I'm just going to drop the issue. You do whatever you guys feel the need to do." I was becoming irritated, but I wasn't sure at what. "Thanks for listening. I'm gonna head back to my room."

  They smiled sadly but let me go. I was almost to the elevator when Finn runs up beside me. "Hey let me walk with you back."

  "Why? Don't you want to get back to the boys?"

  "Nah. I think you need me more right now."

  "I'm honestly fine Finn." I brush him off stepping into the elevator.

  He grips my arm, shocking me "You're not fine. You're hurt. You don't need to deal with it alone."

  "Im fine. I just want to be alone." I say breaking his hold and stepping out onto the third floor.

  He's still coming, easily keeping pace with me. Curse his long legs and my short ones. "Just talk to me."

  Now I was getting annoyed. Opening my dorm I was graced with the one person I didn't want to see right now. Taylor.

  "Oh hey Dani, hey Finn." Then he noticed the tension "what's wrong?"

  I sighed heavily going over to my bed. "Hey Dani. If you want to talk you can talk to us." Taylor said kindly.

  Liar. Your a liar. You act one way and then another. Taylor starts walking up to me and I put my hands up stopping him. "Please don't come near me. I just want to be alone."

  My voice was stern and left no room for discussion. "Dani if something is-"

  "Please!-" I yelled. Taking a deep breath "-please. Just leave. I can't be around you both right now."

  Taylor eyed me and then Finns annoyed expression. Sighing he nodded and grabbed Finn, walking towards the door. Before it shut I heard Taylor say "Did I do something wrong?"

  I layed back on my bed. I could feel the start of a migraine starting to form behind my left eye. I needed to take my mind off things right now. I opted for a short nap. Throwing my headphones in and turning on music, I got comfortable and let sleep take me.

  Taylor came back in at some point and sat at his desk to do work. He wasn't talking to me so I went back to sleep. The next time I woke up it was to the sound of the door closing. Looking around, the room was empty. Then I noticed it was dark. Checking the time it read 8p.

  Where was he going at 8. 'Either to get dinner or get ass' my brain supplied.

  Texting Finn I asked if he was meeting Taylor for dinner because he had just left. His reply was quick and not what I wanted. He said no. Then he called.

  Picking up the phone I heard what sounded like someone running. "Finn? What are you doing?"

  "You're not going to like it but me and Adley are tailing him."

  "You're WHAT!?" I yelled jumping up from my bed, now wide awake.

  "Tailing him, kinda like a recon mission." I heard Adley say from the background.

  "Guys no! This isn't right."

  "We want to know. And as much as you say you don't, we know you do to." Adley argued.

  "Look at it this way. If nothings going on, then there's no worry. If he is still seeing girls then you will have your answer and you will be able to deal with it accordingly."

  Finn was right. But I still wanted nothing to do with there stalking. "Fine. But only tell me if you find something. It's everything's fine I'll know because I won't get a call or text from you. Got it?"

  "Deal." They said in unison.

  "Oh and for the record I had nothing to do with this. Remember I tried stopping you when this all back fires."

  "Understood. Ooh there he is go, go, go! Sorry Dan gotta go." Finn said before hanging up.

  Part of me was glad they were doing this and all of me hoped to not receive any form of contact tonight.

  2 hours later my hope was crushed. A picture message from Finn made my phone ding. My heart dropped. Opening it my heart broke. It was Taylor and he was walking hand in hand with a girl, into a restaurant.

  The text that followed was a simple 'I'm sorry'

  No I'm sorry. Sorry I let myself fall for Taylor when Taylor obviously didn't feel the same. I shut off my phone, grabbed my throw blanket and pillow, stuffed it into my bag and left. I wouldn't be there to watch Taylor walk through those doors at 2a tonight.

  I made my way to Gage and Finns room. Knocking on the door, it was answered by Gage. He looked at me, then my face, then my bag. Realization crossed his features, he stepped aside waving for me to come in.

  "Wanna talk about it?"

  "Not really but do you mind if I sleep here until the festival is over?"

  "That's like 3 days away. You sure you wanna be here that long?"

  "Yes." That's all the answer Gage needed. He gestured to his bed.

  "You can sleep in my bed. Finn and you are closer but he's got a girlfriend. Sloan probably wouldn't care but still it's better not risk it."

  I agreed. I was fine sharing. Did it all the time with Finn. Plus I wasn't about to kick Gage out of his bed. He was already kind enough to let me stay.

  "Thanks Gage." I say putting my stuff on the floor by the foot of the bed.

  "Not a problem. Whatever's wrong I'm sure you guys will figure it out." He shot me a knowing glance before returning to his work.