Chapter 10

She was my sister. The best thing that I had ever had. No matter what she was there for me. We got in our fights, but other that that, we couldn't have been better sisters.

I look at Steven and smile.

"May we go to the club? You know, to have fun?" He smiles back at me.

"Sure, go get your stuff." He says and leans up against the wall. I go alone. 

As I'm walking down the hallway, I realise I hadn't even seen the ring he had put on my finger. Well, that's a little ridiculous. I look down to see two humungous, glittery, diamonds held together with melted gold. It was beautiful and stunning. I keep staring, unable to look away. I was having a tearful moment before I could finally move on.

It was harder for me to be getting married that I thoguht. This meant I wouldn't need to worry about losing him anymore. I wouldn't have to ever leave him. It was perfect.

Walking into his dressing room, I pick up my stuff and walk out. As simple as that. I was so excited to get out and actually have a fun time with the man I absolutely loved and wanted to spend the rest of my life with. Not that concerts weren't amazing or anyhting, but I think this would be a tad bit better.

I left quickly. The faster we got to the club, the more time we would have. As I rushed through the brown wallpapered walls and blackish-gray carpets my phone lit up with Becca's name in bright white lettering.

One notification

I clicked on it and read her message.

So, what are you and Steven planning to do tonight? Anything exciting?

I click on the box and reply back,

Just going to the club sis. You can come if you like. Just text Lottie for the address. I love you!

Then I leave. I have to much to do and so little time. I finally show back up at the lobby and Steven takes my stuff.

"Well, that was awfully fast!" He says and we walk out the swinging glass doors toward his car. His shoes are glistening in the lights overhead, making them look like black, shiny, orbs from space. His face is outlined against the night sky, full of color and joy, and maybe a hint of exhaustion that he doesn't want to show.

"You know, I'm glad we're going to be together forever." He says to me, not bothering to make eye contact.

"I know, tell me about it. I love you, so much and for you to do that...." I break off feeling the urge to cry, but now wan't the time. Now was to feel happy and excited and full of myself.

"Justr think, us moving into are own home, having our own lives and dreams..." He sighs.

'And maybe an extra pair of little pretty feet..." I mummer and he turns to smile at me. He wraps his arms around me and smashes his lips into mine.

"I hope so..." We keep moving through the parking lot until we finally reach his Bentely. Throwing my stuff in the backseat, I jump into the passenger side and wait for him to get in. I feel my ring hit the side of my leg and have a sudden burst of happiness. This is everything I wanted.

He gets in next to me and slams his door shut. For a moment he sits there and then he speaks up.

"Wow. That is all I can say. Wow." I smile, he was correct on so many levels. He starts the car and swiftly pulls out of the parking lot, which was starting to get very stuffy from all the fans. The leather seats feel comforting after a long night standing and screaming and doing who knows what. I about fall asleep, but snap my eyes open when I see my best friend, Lea, waiting on the curb of the parking lot, waving.

I yell at Steven to stop. He does and I roll down the window.

"Hey girly!" I yell really high. I hadn't seen her for a couple weeks, so it was great to talk with her.

"Hey!!! I heard your ENGAGED!!" She shreaks. We both start squealing with joy now, but we finally calm down.

"Well, I just wanted to say congrats!" She says and looks at the bored and waiting, Hoodie Allen.

"Congrats!" she yells to him. He looks over and smiles at her.

"Thankyou." She nods her head and waves to me.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later!"

"Come to the party!! Text Lottie for directions or ask her to come pick you up. I would love to have you be there!" I tell her. She smiles.

"Alrighty then! See you then! Thanks for the invite!" She yells as we begin to pull away. We wave and then I roll the window back down. I look over at Steven who seems to be annoyed.

"Is everything okay?" I ask him. He nods and reaches over to kiss me. I kiss him and we continue driving down the road. A beautiful lake rests by the highway and I take a moment to look at it. It's so pretty.

BAM!!! I grab the door. We're spinning and the windshield is covered with cracks and smoke. I hear a loud crash and screaching of metal and gravity is taking over.

"STEVEN!!" I scream. With trembling fingers, I wipe the window just to look out and see that the guard rail is the only thing between me and the water. 

"STEVEN!" The blood curdling scream escapes my lip when I see the big SUV speeding toward us with a dented bumper. Right toward Steven. The SUV smashes into the side of the car and I hear a loud moan as the guard rail gives way.

Everything is going slow. Steven's stone still with the side of the car dented right into him and we're hurdling straight toward the once pretty water, with another scream leaving my lips. The windshield is shattered and I feel pain rise up through my leg which is caught in between the smashed front end of the car.

We hit the water. Hard. 

We start sinking. Down. I tug at my seat belt desperately. My lungs are starting to burn from the lack of oxygen. My thoughts hazy. Steven still sitting there stone still... I grab onto his seat belt and try to get him undone, but it won't budge. The water is sucking me out of the car and Steven hand starts slipping out of mine.

I reach for him. Spots fill my vision and that's when I am wrapped around the chest by something and start beng dragged. Steven, Steven, Steven, no, no, no, no....

I break the water gasping for breath and dizzy with a man helping me stay afloat. I watch the car lights underwater, go out.

"Ste-Ste-Steven!!" I scream tears escaping my eyes. The man keeps me from going though.

"HE'S DYING!!" I scream. I hear another splash and the sirens finally reach my ears. A man swims down under the water, into the black murky depths. I'm gasping, coughing up water, and crying with little pains in between every tear.

"Ma'm, we need to get you to a hospital!" I hear him yell, but I don't care. I attempt to pull away, to get to Steven, but he yanks me onto the shore, where an ambulance is wailing. 

"STEVEN!!" I yell as loud as I can. Three men in white uniforms force me onto a stretcher, leaving me wailing and struggling. They attempt to push me the few feet, but then the man who went back for Steven appears. He struggles ashore, holding Steven, and passes out. 

The guy who saved me rushes over to Steven and I see him bend over. 

"We have no pulse!" He screams at the top of his lungs. 

Everything stops. Everything.