I

"Big bro! You have to meet all my friends from Total Drama!" Lindsay squealed down an older teen's ear. The male winced and moved his phone from his ear. "You promised you'd agree to meet them!"

"A'ight, Linds, quiet down princess. You're gonna bust ma eardrum." Silence rang around the two as the male held his phone between his shoulder and ear to open a can of soda.

"What?"

"Nothin', don't worry. But how am I gonna meet dem? I'm in Boston and you're in Ontario. It'll take me over 16 hours to get there and back, and ma boss won't let me off for dat long until a few weeks." The blonde female hummed, before gasping suddenly and giggling at her thought.

"You could join our chat group on text next!" She squealed and began talking again. "Yeah that's a great idea! You can meet my friends from the comfort of your home, I can send you the invite link once you make your account and I'll introduce you and you can meet my friends and-"

"Easy there, Linds. I have to get the frickin' app first. Wha's it called?" The male's Boston accent slipped though, taking another sip of his soda.

"Oh, it's called text next. And it's spelled like, um. Like, T.. X.. T.. N.. X.. T and it has a little exclamation mark at the end." The Bostonian nodded, mumbling a quick 'ok' to confirm with his younger sister. "Hey, quick question? What're you gonna call yourself?"

"Huh? Wha'd'ya mean?" The Bostonian in blue questioned, crossing his legs as he lay down on his small bed, back against the headboard.

"Oh, you're username? So I can invite you asap?" Danny rolled his eyes and laughed slightly.

"Pro'ly somethin' to do with ma job. I'll just text you it on ya number, when I decide. Capeesh?" The elder teen sounded, setting the can on the floor to search in his pocket for his earphones.

"Capee- huh? Uh yeah, that's a good idea, talk to you later, big bro?" Lindsay called through the phone, her voice jolly and sounding like she has a smile on her face. He rolled his eyes while connecting his earphones to talk to her.

"Yeah, talk to ya later, sweetheart." After the small exchange, Lindsay hung up with some quiet giggles. This caused the Bostonian to sigh and open the App Store on his phone. "Text next, text next, text next." He mumbled to himself as he shifted the baseball cap to fit comfortably yet securely on his head. After a few minutes of scrolling past popular apps, he came across the app.

It was a blue button with three red exclamation marks. Next to it was the name 'txtnxt!'. It's a recently created app, so no wonder it took him a while to find. The male huffed and pressed the 'Get' button, watching as it changed from the word and into a blue square with a slowly turning circle.

After almost ten seconds, the square turned into a different button. Open. He picked up the can and gulped it down, his thumb hovering over the open button. He forgot about it and crushed the can between his knee and hand before discarding it onto the free spot next to him. Soon enough, the chestnut-blond haired teen pressed the open button and was greeted with a welcome message in a fancy font.

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕩𝕥𝕟𝕩𝕥! 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕥𝕖𝕩𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕡𝕡 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕝𝕕.

The Bostonian quirked an eyebrow. "Not much of an 'app of the world' if less than a tenth of the population use it..." His mumbles were masked by a small ringtone that resonated from his earphones. The jingle was upbeat, but seemed to flow smoothly - which was odd to find in a texting app. He read over the two buttons at the bottom, before clicking the top, purple one.

𝕊𝕚𝕘𝕟 𝕦𝕡 ☑
𝕃𝕠𝕘 𝕚𝕟   ☐

A circle started spinning before another slide was shone with a box to enter a username. He pressed his index finger onto the box and his keyboard arose from the bottom of his phone.

ℂ𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖: |

"Frickin' username. God why's dis hard to decide on?" The young adult paused in thought, tilting his head to one side slightly in thought. "How about... ma job name? And the fact dat dey all call me baby - which I'm not." He rambled on to himself, laughing sarcastically at the thought of his French and Australian 'acquaintances' calling him a baby, for being the youngest in their work group.

He sighed deeply and entered the twelve characters into the box, reading over them and pressing enter.

『scoutoutbaby』

Another loading icon started spinning, for only a few more seconds than before. His phone vibrated twice and a different text was displayed on the screen.

𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕚𝕤:
𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪

"God, ma username sounds stupid."

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕠𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕞.
𝕀𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕣𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕣𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕥?

'Frickin', yeah it's correct. Why would I type it into the damn box if it wasn't?' His thoughts rambled on with insults on how stupid the computer may think he is - which could probably be right. Either way, he selected the yes box and continued on.

𝕐𝕖𝕤  ☑
ℕ𝕠    ☐

A ding sounded from the device as it vibrated many times in his hand, he hissed and dropped it onto his lap from being startled by it. Another message appeared on the screen with the same welcome message - but with his username.

𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕩𝕥𝕟𝕩𝕥! 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕥𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪

"Hey Siri. Text Lindsay; ma user's Scout out baby, no caps, no spaces." He talked to thin air, but in actuality he spoke to the ai on his phone. It responded with his message and asked him to look over it, before sending it. He huffed, a scowl on his face as he typed in the username in brackets.

Brubba⚾️
My user is Scout Out
Baby. No caps, no
spaces (scoutoutbaby)

She responded with a quick 'k' before going offline from his phone number. He chuckled slightly, tapping his fingers against the dog tags around his neck. A buzz came from the phone so he glanced at it with his ice-blue eyes.

𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕚𝕥𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕛𝕠𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕣𝕠𝕦𝕡 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝔻𝕣𝕒𝕞𝕒 ℂ𝕝𝕦𝕓 𝕓𝕪 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕫𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕖
𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕖𝕡𝕥?

"Real Drama Club, huh? Well, if I die, donate ma organs to charity." With that he pressed the join button, and was greeted with a dark background - with a message at the bottom.

𝕛𝕠𝕚𝕟    ☑
𝕕𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕖 ☐

lindzbabe has invited scoutoutbaby to the group chat

The new member of the chat glanced at the group name at the top of the screen, seeing multiple usernames flash before a vibration caught his attention. He glanced at the messages, seeing that multiple members were typing, but the first one to get to him was from someone called 'skullpunk'.

multiple people are typing . . .

skullpunk: who tf r u?