Chapter 2 - Escape

Evelyn gazed into a pair of aqua-blue eyes and forgot to breathe. His eyes conveyed so much anger and passion that she got lost in its depths. His rich golden-brown hair, hung low covering most of his blue eyes. Dirt and dried blood covered his face, but it was not able to hide his well-defined cheekbones and concrete jaw. There was a dangerous air about him. In short, he was sinfully stunning.

"Mate! Mate! Mate..." Her wolf was yelling and jumping with joy.

Evelyn cursed herself. She knew turning around would be a disaster. She had found the one thing she never wanted to find - her mate. A lot needs to be accomplished in life and finding her mate was not one of them. No matter how hard she tried, she was unable to remove her gaze from his handsome face. So lost in thought, that she failed to hear the sounds of boots approaching the cell.

"Snap out of it!" Erza was yelling in her ear.

Evelyn jerked out of her trance filled state and heard the footsteps. She pulled Erza back to her original place and pressed the cut ropes into her hand and whispered: "Whatever happens, don't move." Then ran back to the spot where the rogues threw her, lying face down in the original position. The door opened and three men walked in.

"Now, I don't understand why he needs to see her immediately," said one of the Rogues.

"Who knows? Fetch her-he said, and that's what we have to do."

Evelyn didn't have to open her eyes to understand they were referring to her. Two of them got near to lift her.

'Okay! Here goes,' she thought. Evelyn kicked the one who was nearest to her legs right in his stomach. He doubled over in pain. The other rogue realized what was happening and caught her from behind. Evelyn was prepared, she trapped his right elbow, pivoted a little to the left and tackled him to the ground using her right leg. The minute he was on the ground; She jumped on top of him and punched him square in the jaw knocking him out immediately. The first guy whom she kicked before, tried to punch her, but she caught his arm before he could land a punch and using his own momentum, threw him over her head; He crashed on the opposite wall and slumped to the floor.

"Watch out!" yelled her mate.

During the fight with the two rouge's, the third one sneaked up on her with a knife. Thanks to the warning, Evelyn turned her upper body in time to avoid the knife plunging into her heart. The sudden turn made her lose her balance. It resulted in the knife driving into her left shoulder. Blinding pain shot through her whole body, She staggered back a few steps with the knife still in her shoulder. Loud growls erupted from her mate and from the corner of her eye, She saw him trying to get out of the silver cuffs. The rogue smirked and started laughing seeing her blood. His laughter made Evelyn enraged. She pulled the knife out, Slashed him across the torso with a single sweep, he fell down dead. The knife wound made her wolf angry, she wanted to be let out. Evelyn tried to calm her wolf down by taking deep breaths. The whole room was now silent.

She then looked at Erza while taking deep breaths and asked one more time, "Are you coming or not?"

Erza looked at her wide-eyed. Evelyn's blood-soaked body terrified her. She did not want to defy Evelyn, but could not let her friends down as well. She fell down on her knees and started crying, begging to take her friends as well.

Pain from the knife wound was starting to become profound. She was already tired and haggard from her previous battles and did not have any patience, playing the rules of being a Saint. She raised her head to the roof and closed her eyes to gather what little patience she had, 'This was turning into a messy situation.'

She then turned her attention at Erza, "You have two minutes to unchain everyone."

Erza didn't need to be told twice, She scampered to the rogues and got the keys, and started un-cuffing the prisoners while her friends cut the ropes. Evelyn pulled out her phone and dialed again, "Change of plans. Move in to attack, Now."