Untitled Story Part

Luke looked his girlfriend, Alyson, straight in the eyes. "What can I do to make you smile?" he asked the frowning girl who usually smiled. She looked up in fake thought. "Umm, let's see, nothing." she replied bluntly.

He sighed. "Come on! There's gotta be something!" he insisted. She just shook her head. How is this going to work? He thought. He finally got the perfect idea. But he's going to have to pay a lot of dignity.

**********

Alyson was sitting on the couch alone, pouting. Where did Luke go? She asked herself inside her head. All if the sudden, she heard music playing from the room they shared. She would recognize that song anywhere. It was one if her favorites.

She heard the door creak open and the music got louder. It was definitely her favorite. Sarah Smiles. Her boyfriend danced out of the room, wearing a leather jacket with slicked back hair and a fedora. She put her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing.

This made him smile. Then he started singing. "I was fine just a guy living in my own, waiting for the sky to fall, then you called and changed it all, doll," he sang with the music. Where exactly is he getting at?

"Velvet lips and the eyes that pull me in, we both know you'd already win. Mmm, your original sin..." he kept going. He wasn't going to stop until he got her to smile. He was also dancing to the song, trying to speed up the process.

"You fooled me once with your eyes, now, honey. You fooled me twice with your eyes and I say..." he was still going. He looked over to her to see her holding in her laughter. His plan was working.

"Aly smiles like Aly doesn't care, she lives in her world, so unaware. Does she know that my destiny lies with her?" that got her. She burst out laughing. This made him smile more.

"Did that make you happy?" he asked sarcastically. She nodded, smiling wider then ever. She stood up and walked over to him. "Come here, hon."she said while grabbing his face to kiss him.