The Extra Mile

❄️

❄️

"GOOOOOD MORNINGGGG!"

Jimin jolted awake to feel the ground shaking under him and Hoseok screaming through the camp megaphone. The activity supervisor was agressively shaking Yoongi's tent to wake him up. Jimin groaned and slipped his small body completely under the thick sleeping bag, it was too cold and early for this shit. For the first time that week he had no desire to leave his bed.

Yoongi stirred next to him. The older had his arms and legs wrapped tightly around his co-counselor's body. He nuzzled his face into the nape of Jimin's neck and left a soft kiss. "Morning, baby," he whispered sleepily.

Jimin's face flushed as he squealed like one of his campers. He turned to face his co-counselor with a shy smile, "Hi," he giggled, staring into the other's beautiful eyes. His smile faltered a bit as he began to worry about what last night might have meant to the older. Was it just a one time deal? They've spent one week together, how real were these feelings...did Yoongi even have feelings, or was it simply lust and a moment of weakness?

Yoongi studied his face, noticing the small change in expression. He was about to ask the younger about it when Hoseok decided to unzip the tent just enough to slip the megaphone inside and scream, "GET YOUR LAZY ASS OUT OF BED MIN YOONGI."

Jimin screamed.

...

"Dude, Yoongi hyung screams like a girl," Beomgyu teased, laughing with the rest of his cabin group. They were in high spirits as they hiked back to the main campground lodge.

"Watch it," Yoongi growled, "I'm still your counselor for the next five hours and won't hesitate to give a bad report to your parents."

As he listened to his campers laugh at his empty threat, he couldn't help but feel a bit sad. The realization that camp was almost over was finally settling in. He hadn't imagined that he'd grow to love these crazy, obnoxious, and immature freshman as much as he did, but he had. He also didn't expect to fall for the hot-headed, cocky, and competitive counselor that drove him insane this entire week, but he had. Actually, if he was being honest, he fell for Jimin the very first time he laid eyes on him.

Jimin walked stiffly next to his best friend, wincing with each step. Maybe giving himself completely to someone for the first time the night before a long hike wasn't the smartest thing he's ever done. Taehyung was too caught up in his own thoughts to notice the other's pain.

Seokjin was standing inbetween Namjoon and Jungkook, having to keep the two lovebirds separated for everyones sanity. "You two are acting like teenagers!" he scolded.

Jimin noticed how Tae's face fell so he linked arms with the other. "Hey," he cheerfully said, leaning in and resting his head on his shoulder, "you'll find someone someday, don't worry about it." He wanted to cuddle up under a blanket with Tae and junk food and spend all day talking about the night he had had, but he was worried about how the other would react.