Chapter 24 - She comes first

The previously organised formation was quickly disheveled after Eren, Armin and Mikasa, along with nearly every unit in the Garrison and Cadets learnt who you really were...the Dragon that appeared all those years ago and that started all the fuss about his existence.

Two soldiers, both Garrison, thought it was a good idea to try and kill you, shouting something about revenge for their hometown. Shangisa? Shanghasa? You didn't give a shit, even Carla could only do so much as you tore their spines out. Pyxis was panicking now, working with Carla to calm you down and making the others afraid as the Commander saw your rapidly decreasing mood and how blatantly his men attacked you, hoping to the walls non of them would try this again.

Eren and his 'sister' seemed to be suffering from a panic attack themselves, Armin trying to calm them down as the two watched their Mother so close to the dragonoid that snatched her away. They couldn't understand it, why would she be so close to the thing that captured her? That took her away from her family? Shouldn't she be here hugging them? Crying over them?...So why was she hugging the monster?

Carla: "(Y/N)! Please just look at me, ignore them and look at me! I know your angry and tired of this but I need you to keep calm...for me?"

She pleaded with you, eyes glistening, not with tears but it looked close enough for you to give pause, brow relaxing, wings unfolding to their full length and casting a shadow out on the floor along with your now slowly swishing scaled tail.

(Y/N): "Alright...I'm fine. I'm here."

You sighed, borderline purring as you felt your body slow down and relax in the woman's worried and comforting hold. Her arms couldn't wrap around your own so she had them around your waist, her head only just managing to lay on your warm and lightly scaled chest with your still unfamiliar human skin tingling at the feeling of her light breaths washing across it.

Everything seemed to quiet down, and that was because it had, nobody dared to break the silence as it seemed the pissed off dragon had finally calmed down, and Pyxis's hard and rarely seen glare ensured that silence. Before you looked up to the human with a oddly relaxed gaze.

(Y/N): "Alright you drunk eccentric...what was this plan you were raving on about before?"

-Timeskip brought to you by a crying Carla, and Eren hugging a familiar Black Dragon...-

(Y/N): "I'm not helping carry that boulder."

You clicked, snake like tongue flicking out as you shook your head at Pyxis who had recited his plan to you. Beside you stood Rico, Ian and Matabi from the Elite squad who would be accompanying Eren on this mission. The small petite woman frowned and looked up to you, pausing only to look at Carla who was curled up on your lap and sleeping calmly, the 'excitement' and near death situation today catching up to her and exhausting her as you cradled the single mother close to your unclothed chest.

(Y/N): "Maybe I should be more clear, I can't carry that boulder with the Titan boy. I'm not exactly a Dragon built for heavy lifting, I ambush and stalk most of the time, intimidation works as well, so anything directly on the front lines is pretty much out of the question for me."

You sighed, elaborating for the small woman standing at attention next to you before your eyes floated down to her smaller frame, Rico seemingly accepting the explanation and looking forward again to Pyxis who was stroking his chin. Rethinking his plan no doubt.

Commander Pyxis: "...Hmm, then I guess we'll just have to hope the boy is up to the task, that is if he still isn't having a episode with Ackerman."

True to his word Eren and Mikasa were seemingly panicking moments before, taking everything Armin had to calm them down as the dragon glanced over to the emotionless and dead eyed girl, and the boy who was gritting his teeth and glaring at you with such intensity it was actually rather impressive.

Commander Pyxis: "Can I also trust you can protect Eren (Y/N)? We'll need all the help we can get if we want to beat them back...if we want to win."

He stared at you so expectantly, so hopefully that even Rico and her two squad members seemed enthralled and up for it. This drunkard has quite a way with words and how to speak them, you had to admit...which is why you frowned and looked down at the warm being held so carefully in your scaled and spiked arms.

(Y/N): "...No. You can't trust me to help, because I'm taking Carla and myself to a safer place."

This shattered the older mans vision, now blinking rapidly as the three elite members looked at you with wide eyed disbelief.

Commander Pyxis: "W-What!? (Y/N) you can't be serious!?"

He looked so desperate, so needy, so...human.

(Y/N): "I am, you gambled on Carla's life already to make me do your dirty work. What's to say you wouldn't do it again? I can't trust you after that little stunt you pulled...so I'm doing something to make you see that, you don't play with me...Human."

You snarled, quiet enough to not wake the woman held so dearly to your heart but loud enough that it drilled into their skulls.

They blinked and you were gone, with Carla and already high above them in your true and terrible form, the woman held comfortably in our talons as you beat your wings and disappeared over the walls. Leaving the humans to their hopeful plans and disheartened Commander.

Erwin will no doubt have questions that he wants answered when news of this reaches his ears. And your answer will always be the same.

"Because she comes first..."