Chapter 12

Violet

Violet

Violet Harris, was in one of her many moods that day. And it was not a good one.

Everyone about her was going to feel her wrath that day.

"Milton!" she calls out in a demanding tone that would cause anyone to cringe.

"Yes, Miss Harris?" Milton asks as he comes running in her office.

"Have I any new phone messages?" she wonders as she checks her email on her desk top.

She was running her father's company while he was away. She did not enjoy doing so. But she only did it when he was away. He would not be home for another week.

• ❤︎ •• ❤︎ •

"No, Miss. Harris" he tells her.

"If a Mr. Maxford calls...."she begins to stammer.

"If he what now?" Milton asks her.

"If Mr. Maxford calls here at my office I am not taking his calls. Is that understood?" she demands.

"Yes, Miss. Harris" he sighs. "Should we block his number from calling here?"

"Yes" she replies. Leo comes into the office. They had a lunch date.

"That will be all for now Milton" she shoos her assistant away. He leaves as Leo comes in the room.

"Hi doll" Leo greets her with a hug.

"Don't hi me" she mumbles.

"What is wrong love?" Leo asks as he sits down on her desk.

"You and your little friend is what is wrong" she mumbles.

"Mr. Maxford?" he wonders.

"Don't EVER mention that name to me again" she snaps.

"Ouch. What did he do?" laughs Leo. "I assumed that everything was going well last time I saw you two together?" he asks her.

"Was is past history Leo. Was. He waited to long to call me. You don't do that to me" she reminds him.

"Never called you?" Leo says looking surprised.

"Nope. I am over it. No worries. But if you EVER try to help him weasel his way back in my life like you had before you will be out of my life as well. Understand Leo? I know you meant well" she says sternly. She blinks back hurt that Ashton had bestowed on her.

"Doll, he seemed so into you. I am sorry about him" sighs Leo.

"Me to. I thought he was into me. We had one amazing night. But that was all it was. One night. So I am moving on. I am over HIM" she states.

"Well want to go to lunch? I am famished!" Leo asks her.

"Yes, let's go" she agrees. She grabs her purse and gets up to go. Leo hugs her.