Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

**TAYLOR’S POV**

“Come on ladies! We’re out in ten!” my dance instructor calls out, clutching a cold cup of coffee in one hand, a worn, red notebook in the other. I sigh and tighten the silky pink ribbons that wrap around my long legs. As much as I love dancing, I hate the strict schedule that confines my care-free spirit.

“Lighten up Tay” my friend chuckles behind me as she warms up, preforming at series of pirouettes before bowing gracefully, with the smallest flick of her well-manicured hand. A trait she has picked up from my insane ways.

“I am, but I swear this corset will kill me” I manage to say as the tight, sparkly clothing that graces my petite body threatens to stop all air from reaching my lungs. Curse One Direction and their idiotic fashion choices. 

“And that won’t be a bad thing” my arch-enemy hisses, Danielle Claire Peazer or as I like to call her, Miss Perfect. Just because I don’t treat her like royalty because she’s dating Liam, does not mean that she has to be a bitch.  

I roll my eyes tiredly, sick of her little game, and ignore her like I have done countless other times. She’s not worth my precious time.

Emily glances at me sympathetically as everyone else in the room laugh half-heartedly at her snarly comment but she doesn’t make a move to stop them. Like most people, Danielle has her wrapped around her bejewelled pinkie.

She smirks as if she is queen of this small group. Queen Bitch more like it. History seems to have a way of repeating itself. So like in previous times, I snap on the inside but managing to keep my cool façade. If I ever allow to let my emotions take over my mind, she would end up on the floor with a broken nose.

“Oh, I’m sorry if I’m wasting your precious oxygen Miss Perfect” I say calmly, watching that sneer slide off her face like the copious make-up that has been lathered with a stick, “but it seems to me that you’re polluting it”

Her dark brown eyes narrow dangerously as I stand there, composed as I could be with all the anger rolling its red waves across my mind, a sickly sweet smile across my face. It’s more than she deserves. My eyebrows quirk upwards behind my dark brown bangs as I patiently await her reply.

And one doesn’t come. She sniffs disdainfully at my scruffy hair and frayed silk shoes and walks out of the room, followed by an entourage of girls, telling her in their high-pitched voices that she did the right thing. High-school all over again, just great.

“You show her Taylor” Emily whispers and follows everyone out of the room, leaving me with my dishevelled image, reflected a thousand times on the smooth glass of the mirrors.

Even with a hundreds of lookalikes I’ve never felt so alone.

My body sinks naturally to the floor, legs folding gracefully underneath me. Trembling hands wipe away the delicate diamond shaped tear, resting on my cheek. More will be soon to follow as I try to tame my wild mane of hair into a bun but with no use. It’s out of control just like my life.

And with a heavy heart, I heave myself off the cold, hard dance floor and walk out proudly trying to ignore my heartache and anger. Two very different emotions surge through my veins as I see Danielle give her boyfriend, Liam, a good luck kiss for the concert.

Normally I would be happy for him, he has the girl of his dreams wrapped up in his arms but here’s the catch.

I’m in love with Liam James Payne.